Scratch Removal/Cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Fischer

Reaction score
Hey guys, took the new Z7 out last weekend and rubbed against some standing timber and scratched the on the N in the Nitro logo and the fiberglass next to it. Do you guys have a preferred wax to remove something like this? It isn't a very deep scratch but need to know where to start. Also, the scuff on the actual letter logo has me confused because it's that rubber like material. What should I use there? Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

The N is a difficult one, the probably only way to look a bit better is buy some White Spirit and give it a good clean, it won't fix the scratch but will clean it so it's barely visable. Clean the scratches with the same on the hull then use "Fix it Pro" that pen you can buy, it's clear and I use it on all of scratches and the stuff is absolutely amazing!

COngrats on being the first one to scratch your new boat. I say this because...I have 3 scratches on my 2012 Targa. All 3 were put there by the Wildlife and Fisheries guys pulling up to check me and the boat. Their boat bumping my boat = scratches. It almost became an issue last time I was checked because as they approached the boat I told them to stay off my boat until I could drop some bouyes. He started yelling at me as I was getting the bouyes out of the floor storage compartment. (he said he tought I was hiding something). At this point they are at a quicker pace approaching my boat, and as soon as they were close enough to me one of the agents started to board my boat. I relized that their boat was going to BUMP mine pretty hard so I droped the bouyes on the floor and pushed there boat away. The agent almost went in the water! You should have seen the looks on their faces!:angry:. Then I told them that I didn't want them scratching my boat up and I just wanted to drop the bouyes first! I think my exact words were "You have the right to board and check me and my boat out but you fother muckers do NOT have to right to scratch my 5h1+ up!!"

I explained everything and they trolled around the boat looking at all 3 scratches. It ended with hand shakes, appoligies, and no tickets.....and hopefully a better informed WLF agent who has a little more respect for peoples property

Latest posts

Back