Scott's Voice Command Shifter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
For most of us...a few mechanical or electronic toys are enough.... Not for Scott...he has to have everything "cutting edge technology".

Almost everyone remembers OMC's electronic shift...push buttons like the Ford Edsel...and about as popular. Well, Scott has gone that one whole quantum leap better. He has "Mercury Voice Command Shifter"... He says "forward" and the "shifter" places the motor in "forward". He says "neutral" and the "shifter" puts the motor in neutral. He says "reverse" and the "shifter" puts the motor in reverse. Of course the "shifter" was me and I had to keep wiping the grease off my hands...But, just like all "high tech" stuff I WAS "FINICKY". Yup, you guessed it...shift cable broke...so off with the cowling (and that cowling for a Merc 200 is a huge piece of undesirable floor decoration in a bass boat) and all shifts were completed by me after being given the requisite voice command.

Now, there's even more...the more is "the fish"...I promise, after I get caught up at work tomorrow I'll post the pictures of Scott's fish...my fish...well that too is another story...a "fish story", I'm afraid to admit!

You know Greg...this outing with you and Scott is getting extremely entertaining...I think next time you guys go out, there should be video taping involved. America's Funniest Home Videos seems to be calling you two!!

About this voice command shifter.....AHHHHHAHAHA!

Scott...rebuttal time...I'm waiting!!!

Barb

ROFLMAO!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

OH MAN....THIS IS GOOD STUFF.....LOL

Just feel very lucky the trolling motor worked. I hear he has a set of swim fins and a floatie in the front compartment.

TOXIC

Uh..... No rebuttal, Barb..... This was one of those days..... I am SO glad that Greg was along! He made it so much easier to get through this stuff!

And, believe me, I'm enjoying his interpretation of the events as much as you all are! I'm just hoping that he won't tell about............

me!

Well that comment left the door wide opened Scott!! I'd like to hear your interpretation of the day's events.....a different perspective.

What do you guys and gals think about that? Let us know!!

YES!! Scott does a great job of story telling as we all know, let us have it Scott!!!

Uh...Toxic...two things...(1) there is only one set of fins and floaties...size small (so they're "his") and (2) review Scott's earlier thread...he needs to get to those pesky TM bolts because one came loose/broke (so, NO the TM was not working) I was beginning to feel like the Bandleader on the Titanic...would I ever get back to shore or were we to become the "Flying Dutchman" of Mark Twain Lake...

Greg and Scott never seen again...a rural legend is born...the Phantom Nitro Duo of Mark Twain Lake...LOL

Ya know it DOES sound a whole lot worse than it was...we were having too much fun to notice the little things weren't going right...guess that's the result of good fun, good friends, and fine fishing...

Now, Greg..... The TM was working..... Look at all the trees I ran into!

Knowing how particular Thumper had been about the boat, I kept saying over and over how glad I was that he wasn't there to see where I was taking it and the stick-ups it was running into and over! I felt almost like a pro with a one-year walk-away! "Almost" - not quite that bad - but "almost"! There weren't any addtional scratches at the end of the day..... However, I think we did come very close to loosing some of Greg's rods at one point.....

I can see it now, a bunch of kids around a campfire and Dad is telling the story of the two lost boaters...

Why it's said that to this day you can see, when the mist is heavy and the wind calm, a Nitro boat floating on the water with a little guy in the front moaning....fooooorrrrwwwaaarrdd, reeeeevvvvverrrrrsee, nuuuuuuuuuuutral, and a bigger guy in the back with greasy hands saying.......no, please, not the floaties again.

Bwahaaaaa

TOXIC

..."No Son,....the "Kill Switch" isn't the name of the lever they use to fry someone in Texas,...........it's the name of the coiled up red cord that will forever haunt the

lost boaters in the quagmire of the "Staci-swamp"......

Oh, and then one more thing.... I loaned Scott a set of my Auto Sospenders to try out... That too, was almost a disater... He puts them on..."say, these are comfortable"... Then I notice his hand on the manual inflation handle...He's about to pull it... I had to stop him... He tells me he thought it was a "personal" instruction to him... The red handle says; "JERK TO INFLATE" he thought they meant "him"... LOL (The preceding "story" is true...only the names have been changed to protect the innocent... LOL (j/k Scott...really... I don't mean to have fun at your expense but it just happens....)

Personal attacks WILL be tolerated on this board in my case!

Now, just finish the rest of the story, Greg! Pictures, Greg! Pictures!!

Just don't tell anybody about the yellow cushion..........

Latest posts

Back