Scent attractors

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Does anyone still use scent attractants. I've been using powerbaits and chompers and a lot of salty things that have built in scents. I was wonder what the best "joy jucie" out there is.

fatrap

I use Bang in the spray-can all the time, if anything it masks the nicotine smeel form me smoking.

CJL

Use it most of the time except maybe with PowerBaits or very Salty tubes,etc.....

It always been a debate but, not for me....it's always helped me in how long they hold onto it and I need all the help I can get. They work;)

And one can of Bang has lasted me all season long so far, I like it much better than megastrike which is messy and a lot slower to apply than Bang

I'm sold on KicknBass but, have about 4 different bottles on my boat depending on what I'm using.

I use RealCraw on jigs, Baitmate on worms and cranks and even topwater, KicknBass on worms mostly.

I'm with CJ...they not only mask what you can smell, they mask what YOU can't;)

I use Lock jaw juice by a local down here in in Katy. Good stuff, but i always seem to smell like it when i come home. I imagine my wife might be upset if i did not smell like garlic when i came home from a day or 2 on the water.

I use stuff calles poor boyz thats made by a guy in my local fed. I also like bang spray and smelly jelly too. Scents do work.

Look at the Carolina Lunker Sauce. its a water based fish formula. Unlike all the others it wont come off in the water. Oil bases products will come off baits after a few casts. Because its water based it stays on a lot longer. It also has a sponge type top. Its VERY easy to apply and it doesnt get all over the boat because of the applicator.

Its a little more expensive but it lasts forever.

BJ

I heard some of the sprays will remove carpet if spilled on and is next to impossible to get off. I did use some Real Craw in the past but if it gets on the gell coat it's tough on it.

fatrap

Mega Strike is by far the best I have used. Lasts a long time and works well.

Jack's Juice in garlic

I tried the Lunker Sauce but it was to much trouble and mess to put it on - went back to jacks

Bill,

LOL, agreed! nothing worse than a reformed-smoker, just kidding. Look what it has done to my spelling on your quote. :eek:

CJL

I had to edit, spelling again & Grammar, boy I need a Marlboro:lol:

Has anyone ever used wd-40 for a scent attractor?:D

http://www.mdalockup.org/bailpage.aspx?j=42961

Hey BJ I have a question. Not to start any thing but you said
its a water based fish formula. Unlike all the others it wont come off in the water.

I'm afaraid that is a bit confusing. Usually water based stuff is easy to wash off. Like water based paint for easy clean up. I not saying you are wrong, and I could be way off base here, but it sounds like it should wash off easier.

I like the sounds of the applicator however.

lunker sause is by far the best i have tried and i have now converted most of my friends, it is easy to apply and no mess, and if it does spill on the carpet, no stains. like bj says it lasts forever, they are supposed to have a new gel formula out soon.

mike c

Bottom line...Everybody has their preference and I do believe there is a place for any and all;)

I'm with Velcro. Jack's Juice in Garlic is the stuff. I started using it after fishing with Velcro and have become a FIRM believer that this stuff works. I tried the Megastrikes and such and they may be a good scent but the application sucks. I found myself not bothering to put it on. With the Jacks, the can is handy, hit a quick spray and back to fishing.........LA

I spray Dr. Juice on my hands before rigging my rods to cover my scent, but other than that, I don't use it.

Rich D

Jack G- LOL...Bass Pro carries it. I use it during the demos on the fish tank.

Ed- I found it a little confusing at first too. Its something you just need to try. Oil based fish attractants will come off in the water (thats the rainbow colored ring you see when the bait gets wet and its also your fish formula coming off). Oil and water dont mix....obviously...Carolina Lunker sauce is water based so it has nothing to mix with and it will stay on the bait while you are fishing.

BJ

I have my own scent:p

Actually the only thing I use is Smelly Jelly for Crappie. I never noticed a difference in Largemouth, only Crappie.

TOXIC

Sooo I guess it won't hurt to buy some and try it again. Does Carlonia Lunker Sauce work on Walleyes too or do I stick to Prepration H?

fatrap

No Alkaseltzer on baits but in the 9th grade Donny Miller ate three of em on a bet and drank a bunch of water. Man his belly got tight and he started puking foam all over. They took him to the hospital because of all the asprin in the meds. They took the other three of us to the office where we NEEDed an asprin after the assburning we got.

Anyway if you put some in a tube won't it shoot through the water like a torpedo?

fatrap

LOL @ Fatrap, I have always thought of using it, I will try it and let you know, if it does shoot thru the water, that would be a good thing a self propelled lure. :lol:

Try the Bang Shad/Anise/Crawdad Combo. It's in the pressurized can, no mess no hassle. $5.98 last's all season.

I especially use the Scent after I catch a fish on the soft plastic, is it possible the bass gives off warning smells that it is in distress when being reeled in to the boat and they stick to the bait? Probably far-fetched but I know of a lot of bass fisherman who think the same way, besides it could never hurt?

Latest posts

Back