Satisfaction with Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Cooke

Reaction score
I have to put in my 2 cents worth. For the last few days to couple of weeks I've noticed alot of Tracker/Nitro issues. I would like to say how satisfied I am with my Tracker. I have a 1997 Targa 18SC w/115 Mercury that I purchased new. With the exception of a front deck courtesy light that quit working shortly after my purchase, my Tracker has been flawless. Hull, trailer, motor, electronics and accessories have performed without fail. My dealer has also been terrific. The boat, motor performance and dealer has made this a very enjoyable ownership experience.

Good to hear good thing about Tracker, not just the bad. I to have never had a problem with my 1993 170DC. Had some rigging problems with the dealer and some motor problems. But the boat itself has been great. My dealer no longer is in business so most work do to the boat has been done by myself or a local OMC shop. The way I figure it. If 20 people say they have had problems with Tracker. Compared to how many boats they sell. It's not perfect, but it sure is pretty good.

JohnF

I will second Gary's comments. I am on my second Tracker now, not because of problems but wanted to upgrade. I had some motor problems on the first one but the dealer fixed it. Never anything wrong with the boat itself. I now have a 2001 Pro V16 with a 60hp, same hull design as Gary's Targa, just smaller version. Love the boat. The only problem I have had with it, is not being able to be out in it more. I love it.

Gary, I am curious as to what type of fishing you do with yours and what kind of conditions that you have had yours out in. You have said more than once that it has held up very well. Also, is there some pix of it?

Mike

Yes, So far so good. I purchased a 2000 185 Sport brand new last year. The dealer took care of a few minor issues at the 20 hour check-up and have not any problems since. I have stopped by the dealer a few times since to ask the mechanic some basic questions and they are always helpful. I think it also helps that the mechanics also hunt/fish/boat and understand our concerns.

Bob G.

Well you all know my stories, i'm not shy, and you can check my dealer reports with the Atlanta BPS/Tracker store. Nothing but the best customer service, followup and quality! Hey, and i'm not babying this boat! Ask Rich, he gave a hard time about some scratches in the tape stripes because I had motored into a shallow/sand bar to rescue a pontoon boat driver who had run out of gas. And taking on Lake Lanier on a summer Sunday afternoon (2-4 foot rollers) in my Tracker is no small feat!!

18 months and loving every minute of it. In fact, heading out after lunch tomorrow to take my son and his friend (and his friend's dad) out for the afternoon and a picnic on the beach!!!

TrepMan

Ken, Got my 2000 PT185 in August of last year from Bulls Eye Boats and Guns in Kokomo, IN. Haven't had any problems with the boat or the motor yet. I'm happy with the boat and it's performance. It being my first real boat I'm glad I went with the aluminum. My next one will be a glass one tho I think. Although it sure is nice to pull out, tie down and go on. I see a lot of glass guys wiping down but I guess if you want to keep your rig looooking gooood you have to do that.

Sam,

Take a look at the TV18 before you decide on glass...alot of boat for the money and handles like a dream.

Since we're on the TV-18 I'll chime in here. I own a 2001 TV-18 with a 90 and LOVE IT!!! I can get 40+ mph alone and a bout 38 with family and gear. Plenty of room for all for of us to cast.

Just in case Andy and Bruce don't catch this post I'll speak for them too. Same boat and motor combo, same family size and they love thier's too.

Plus there are not many around. It's over looked because for the same price you can get into an entry level Nitro. Every one owns PT's or Nitro's. I've yet to see another TV-18 ANYWHERE. It feels good because I get a lot of compliments on it because no one's really ever seen one. Like going to a car show full of 57' Chevy's and I'm driving a 63' Falcon with Scott in the passenger seat holding a 3" walleye. No one has ever seen those either...LOL

Hey guys this is a little off topic but not sure we're else to put it. I'm looking at buying an 04 targa v16. My question is can the side storage boxes be removed completely to give more walking room? Thank you for any imput.

I have a 2005 Tracker PT175. In 13 years I have had no problem with it except the inner lining of the gas line dissolved, messing up the running of the motor. That was this past spring. Replaced it and runs great again. I have had two Trackers and have had good service out of both. Love the boat!

d2d5e38a5c666957f866d424597bc95a.png
l love mine so much I give her a face lift and plan on having her many more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 175 pro combo. Love the boat no problems. Only thing I would change is I wouldn’t have gotten the combo. Nothing wrong with it I just don’t need it.

Latest posts

Back