Running slow?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD08

Reaction score
Hello all,

New member here, nice to meet everyone I cant wait to see everyone's rigs. I picked up a 2008 Tracker v14 SC Guide with a Mercury 25HP. Everything about this boat is fantastic. The engine runs like a champ, never stutters or shuts off, and always cranks. However even with minimal gear and being solo in the boat, I always top out at 10MPH. I have never once gotten above that. Even with passengers she will max out at 10MPH. Nothing entangled in the prop. Does this sound typical for this type of set up or am I missing something? I see 15HP V hulls passing me so Im a bit concerned. Thanks for your input. Ive attached a few pictures.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 0
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Sounds like you are over propped. What pitch are you running? That should be a 25mph boat.
This is my first boat, so I just spent some time googling those terms. HA. I will check the stamp on the prop when I get back to the house and a few closer up pictures if it will help and Ill post the info. Thank you

Hello all,

New member here, nice to meet everyone I cant wait to see everyone's rigs. I picked up a 2008 Tracker v14 SC Guide with a Mercury 25HP. Everything about this boat is fantastic. The engine runs like a champ, never stutters or shuts off, and always cranks. However even with minimal gear and being solo in the boat, I always top out at 10MPH. I have never once gotten above that. Even with passengers she will max out at 10MPH. Nothing entangled in the prop. Does this sound typical for this type of set up or am I missing something? I see 15HP V hulls passing me so Im a bit concerned. Thanks for your input. Ive attached a few pictures.

whats with the whale tail?i cant believe thats necessary. try setting the motor plate exactly parallel to the bottom of boat without the whale tail. with 25 hp that boat should fly.

whats with the whale tail?i cant believe thats necessary. try setting the motor plate exactly parallel to the bottom of boat without the whale tail. with 25 hp that boat should fly.
Just thought it was part of it. Just bought this, first boat. I'll give it a shot thanks!

Took the tail off, the engine plate was already set dead even with the bottom. Once I figure out the proper prop pitch I'll have her back in the water and try for a higher top speed.

Latest posts

Back