Running a transducer cable Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Norman

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 2013 z7 how do you get the end of the transducer cable through the 2in hole under the console that is full of wires

It's called a snake (electricians), you can be imaginative and make one and it depends on how long of a run. I once used two wire cloths hangers straighten out with a strong cord attached, pulled that through and then attached my cable to the cord. Soft solder and shrink tube to connect the two pieces of wires (cloths hangers) together.

cq

I got a peice of coat hanger wire the first time and fed it through under the console past the throttle to the rear boxes and then put a piece of twine on it. The puleed it out witht he twine. When ever I run cables, leads, wiring or anything, just attached the twine, pull it through and always leave the twine there for next time :)

+1
In past years I’ve had to rig test boats, so we pull a lot of transducers in a year’s time. Always, always, install a pull cord that you leave in the boat. When you are pulling a new cable (or taking one out) tape/tie another pull cord to it so you will have one in place for the next time you have to pull another cable.
In the DIY snake department: since getting one of the snakes from the maintenance guys stuck in a boat years ago, we started using the bailer wire that is used to bundle up cardboard boxes. Lots cheaper than buying a new snake plus we can get our office lights fixed when they go out!

Latest posts

Back