Rope Ratchet cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Porter

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the site and just bought a 2014 Z7 Sport. I also ordered the rope ratchet cover, but it seems awful high. Is the cover worth it? How does it hold up during travel?

Thanks,

I purchased one from a local guy in Denver that does custom jobs. Not for a model of boat, but for your actual boat. For traveling on highway or over distances it is great. My boat is garaged with the wife's vehicle but when I store it in a barn over the winter (so my truck can be garaged) the cover is vital. It all depends on what your needs are. If you cover it tight and keep it out of weather, it will remain in great shape for many years. If not, you can end up like my buddy who found a family of coons living in his boat that he put in a storage unit with no cover over winter. They tore all of the furniture up and shat all over the inside. He sold it for a great loss after that. In my opinion, it is worth it.

I have a 2009 Z7 that I got in January 2010 Got the Nitro ratchet cover with the boat and I am still using it. Just when it starts to lose a seam I have the seam fixed. Will get another one when this one wears out. It is still in great shape.

I have a 2000 NX 882, I am looking for a cover. I want to go with Aurora Canvas with a ratchet cover. My dilemma is do I go with an all in one that covers the motor as well or 2 piece with a separate motor cover. The boat will stay covered all the time and travels a lot. In discussion with Aurora, they can make the cover, but they say it will not fit with the pedestal seats in place. I thought I saw on a post some time ago that a member had a NX 882 with an Aurora cover that did fit with the pedestal seats in place, does anybody have an idea who that might have been. If I can get a name, I might be able to share that with Aurora and use the same measurements. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back