Role Call for Pets!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Almost no postings yesterday. Guess we all got another dose of reality..... So....... To lighten things up and in keeping with another of Rich's web sites......

Who are your Pets / Owners?

I've got two:

"Tigger" - a 7 year old, male, chocolate point Siamese who has been labeled by one lady friend as "Snuggle Bunny"! He is one of the friendliest cats you've ever met. As soon as a guest to my place sits down - he's in their laps! Plays fetch with his favorite toys - those little catnip filled, furry mice.

"Winnie" is a 5 month old, black and tan, minature daschund. And, no, I didn't give her the name - the breeder did..... BUT.... Once I learned it, I had to have her! Torments the cat the way my little sister used to torment me! Favorite toys are a faux-lamb alligator, rope pulls, tennis balls and Tigger!

me!

P.S.

Stacey Foster, don't try to pass John off as your "Little Puppy Dog"....... We all know a Wookie when we see one!

And, Yes, Mini...... If you don't have any cats or dogs or goldfish or iguanas.......... Even though it's politically incorrect...... You can list some of the Hooters Girls!

me!

I have a German Shepherd mix that is 4 years old this upcoming February. His name is....Tracker! My wife and I adopted Tracker from a pound. He had been previously abused but is coming around just fine. He's up to regular weight now and is quite a "Teddy Bear". He loves to take rides in the boat. He stands on the front deck tall and proud!

I have 2 girl muts, both are 10 years old and my wife and I rescued each of them as 3-4 month old puppies from the pound when we lived in Houston.

Pebbles is a collie mix, and Echo is a shepherd mix. Pebbles has always been our "nurse" for the kids. She slept next to each of my boy's cribs or just outside their doors and came running to get us as soon as either one would cry - she could beat the baby monitor!

Echo, unfortunetly, is now blind as a bat but still gets around (as long as we don't move the furniture) fine and loves to chase squirrels in the back yard. Her hearing and smell senses have gotten unbelievably hightened. She can smell out a crumb on the floor in the kitchen even when she's upstairs in the bedroom.

Both of the girls do NOT like the water or the boat (and don't like to put thier head out the windows of the car/van), they are definetly "domesticated".

One dog Halley 4 year old husky-lab mix she been fishing with me since she been 6 months old . she better trained than some of my fishing buddies. The minute she hears me pulling up the trolling motor she's in the seat ready to go .The only downside that she only weights 35 pounds so as I near 70 in the boat the wind starts to lift her front end up so I got to hang on to her Either that or I've got to fatter her up ,she is all hair in fact for a lab mix she hates the water she looks like a drowned rat when she gets a bath .She'll be up with me for the rally in June to show all you guys how to fish

Got a 14 year old black and white cat. Seems that I am the only one she likes. That's because I feed her, change the litter box, and give her the thyroid pill she needs every day. For all that she likes to sleep on my legs when it is cold! Oh boy!

Also have a 12 year old mutant dog. She has so many different breeds she is confused. When she is outdoors. Always has her nose to the ground. She followed my son home and never left. Doesn't seem to like water. Took her on vacation and she wouldn't get in the lake. She got so tired of us pleading with her, she shunned us!! Turned her back on us from the beach. She's a great dog.

I have(or rather my wife has) a 6 year old yorkshire terrier who's name is Muffin Marie. She loves to go for rides in the truck or the boat. Also I Have a 8 mo. old Australian Shepherd who's name is Ruby Jean, she is just getting used to riding in a truck and hopefully she will get brave enough to ride in the boat when she is older. She is however a great frisbee dog already.

Giney, a 10 year old Brittany, and Chance, a 6 year old Brittany, and I just finished up the opening weekend for pheasant and quail in Kansas. Had a great time. Too hot for the birds, but we got a few, and they got to do what they LOVE to do best!

We have 2 dogs. Gunner is a crazy 3 year old German Shorthaired Pointer that is supposed to be my husbands dog but thinks that he is mine. Could be because I feed him his dinner and his meds, let him sleep with me and hold him during his seizures. When it's time for bird hunting, he listens to me and ignores my husband.

Our newest addition is Fergie, a 6 month old English Setter. What a nut! Her favorite things to do are pull Gunners ears, watch leaves, pull Gunners jowls, chase leaves, pull Gunners ears, annoy Gunner, watch the birds, pull Gunners ears and so on. When she is not bothering Gunner, she is cuddling up and pretending to be the sweetest puppy you ever met. Hoping that she will be as good a bird dog as Gunner is. Time will tell as she also tends to be a bit stubborn about learning anything.

Have 2 dogs, Duke is the dog my wife and I bought just before we got married. Beagle and lab mix, figure that one out. He is my boat dog. Loves to go fishing but only in calm water.

Then there is Zeke la Freak, my German short-hair. He is my bird dog for guiding. Extremely awesome on birds, but just a ball of hyperness. Can't take him in the boat, he never stays in.

If anyone out there knows where I can get a peak at another good male GSP, please e-mail me. Looking to get another. Please no show dogs, hunting lines only. I have my eyes on a couple of local kennels, but am very particular!

Rob

Latest posts

Back