Rod locker gas struts shocks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rey Gonzalez

Reaction score
Hello guys, do anyone has install gas struts shocks on your rod locker? I'm looking to install a pair of this. Could you point me out where to buy those and do they come on a kit?

Thanks in advance to all... :)

haven't had the need to install them on my bass boat, but I have installed a pair on the portipotty so it would help my wife lift it as she has MS and can't lift more than 5lb dead weight. I iniitally bought 2 30lb units but it wasn't enough, so changed to 2 60lb units which was perfect. Light lift and off it goes up on its own. Hard part is measuring the total length/positioning of it.

That's exactly my hole dilemma:(/ I have being thinking in do some measurements and take some pictures from the one already installed at the new nitro on bass pro just to have an idea...

Its actually the easiest part. You know the length of your lid, so go out there and using the extended length of the gas shock, use the measuring tape of that length and position it. I went with the socket type connectors as for me it was the easiest to visualize center points of the mounts. Then look at this chart of extended lengths and figure out which tube will do the trick for your lid http://www.backtoboating.com/attwood-boat-parts/gas-springs/all-attwood-springlift-gas-springs/

You might only need one gas strut and if you get what you need then it'll be ALL you need plus the connectors. It was SO easy to mount. If you have a weight scale, attach it to the lid and see how many lbs of pull is required to lift the lid - then double it.

Now IF you can find one already mounted, try it, and then look to see if its an Attwood, if it is, good, get the number off the shock and match it up for your application. Myself, I didn't have anything to compare it to.

I will... I will take the measuring tape and and get the length and match the one I need... would let you know how it goes... Thanks again Sir.

Latest posts

Back