Rod holders

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Maisch

Reaction score
Do you guys have any ideas or pictures of rod holders for my Nitro 750? I fish for anything in the water. Bass catfish and panfish. Also do you mount them on the fiber glass side or on the deck?

It's a bass boat and not really set up for rod holders. I can't imagine drilling the glass to mount them. There are some that attach to the rear seat post that might work.

Again, as I posted on another thread, there are mounts that clamp to handrails (if you don't have any handrails, you can mount short sections on the cap) and I like RAM 2000 units.

My nitro 170 had handrail in front only I did mount holders to troll with after I decided I was more of a walleye fisherman than bas. Worked fine but couldn't use my cover to trailer with. I did see one guy with with an old basscat that had a piece of plywood covering the back deck with rod mounts on it. I don't know the plywood was keep in place maybe the pole for the seat or the weight of the sheet.

fatrap

I will send pics of mine. I installed them in the deck floor. You hardly notice they are there and they work fantastic. When you are ready to use them all you have to do is screw in the threaded rod with the rod holder.

Scotty makes a track that can be used for a variety of their holders and even a second fish finder. An option is the Versatrack tracks and the various holders and bimini mounts but I have not been able to find them by themselves. Tracker Boats relies 100% on its dealers for customer support so they are worthless for after sale support.

I installed Cisco track sections on both sides of the rear deck and at the rear added some mounts that elevate another 18" section by 4" so it clears the top of the gunnel. Now any track mountable rod holder or downrigger can be used in this area. By the front seat pedestal area I mounted a 12" section of track on the deck and am using a Cisco 14" riser with a Cisco cradle type rod holder on each side. The 14" riser provides the height needed with my Deep V Pro Guide boat which has the recessed front deck area.

The aluminum Tracker have a rounded gunnel top so mounting track on top was not an option. Would have been simpler with one of the boats with flat gunnel tops like a Lund.

I actually went with Spider King Rod Holders http://www.spiderkingrodholders.com/ and bought this

You can even get a bracket to hold an umbrella to keep the sun off your head

TrackerSpiderKingUmbrellasideview.jpg~original

This is a Cabela's umbrella, but I need a slightly taller one that can do an angle adjustment (patio umbrella would work). Now the disadvantages of this system is, if you rotate in your seat, the rods would move too. But if I'm trolling, I just lock the seat. About $59 per seat with 4 rod holders and one umbrella holder thereabout.

Ohhhhh I LIKE that, gonna have to order that. The Cabela's model mounts to the top of the seat back and I'm just not willing to drill into my seat backs. Seat frame or hinge is good. Thanks for the link.

Wanted to update my post about Cisco Systems rod holders and track. I found that with the odd design of the starboard rod locker lid that I needed a piece of track 22.5" long and Cisco for $35 shortened a 24" section of track and redrilled the mounting holes and rounded the corners and chamfered the edges. Cisco is a rare first class organization in terms of its products and its approach to supporting its customers.

Bruce, that's great customer care for $35. Post a pic of the install when you get a chance.

Latest posts

Back