Rob:

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I hit reply before I wrote anything, anyway my son informs me this morning as I'm driving him to work that you called last night. I'll try and give you a call today.

Yeah, HOW do you get those seats out???? Man, I tinkered with them for a 1/2 hour last night. I want to cover the boat so it doesn't just sit in the sun, but can't get those seats out. Plus I stopped at the station last night with the family to see if you were working. I need jigs, do they carry them? There wasn't any there. I also ran into Curt Lytle with I was there. He is a big pro from VA. He makes his own 7'6" custom flippin rods. I remember reading about it and so asked him. He gave me his e-mail and promised to walk me thru it, step by step. They were awesome. Super light, sensitive, strong, balanced. He uses G Loomis blanks. Can you get those? Just the blank and rod seat?

And oh yeah, the tach is working but reading double. It buries every time. I set it where it was supposed to go, but it reads WAY high. I talked to some other guys and they had the same problem. Let me tinker with it, to see if I can get it working. If not, send it back and order a teleflex, I have one, and it works great. Also, when I put in the tach, we lost the volt meter and trim gauge.....oops! I will fix them. Like I said, it is a wiring nightmare under there. Can you fish this weeknd? Talk to you later.

Rob, I have to work this coming weekend, and the following weekend is our two day club tournament championship out of St. Albans.. The seats, you need to be a Gorillia to get them out.. I find the best way is to sit down and push the release and turn and lift at the same time.. Now you know why I want to got to the screw in type post.. Talk to you later.. I'll call later..

Rob, before I call, get your thinking cap on. Think BIG FISH, & where.. Later ..

Question on the seats. What type of 'connection' do you have on the seats?

Try this, works great. Go to the hardware store and buy a small can/container of lock ease. It's a graphite mixture with alcohol that is used to spray (squirt bottle)up into locks to make them smoother. On my Targa, I had the same problem that everyone else had. Can't get the large plastic inserts (on the bottom of the seat post) to shake loose from the aluminim 'seat'. Did a round of the lock ease this spring, and it has taken care of the problem. The seats can be taken out very easily.

If you use it, plan on putting it on/in, and then let it sit for 'awhile'. That will give it a chance to flow in and around. Should work also for metal to metal posts. It's not grease, so it forms a very thin, almost micro-shield between the parts.

Tex

I like the ones in my TF. They are brass inserts, just straight drop in holes. The pro stick has about a 5" peg that drops in. Never gets stuck, ever. And though it only drops in and doesn't screw in, they have never popped out while running.

Latest posts

Back