Rob -stress cracks in all Nirto's

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Macaluso

Reaction score
Rob

where have you seen stress cracks in all Nitro's after 6 months huh!! I have had my 292CDX for three years and have no cracks at all. Try talking out of you mouth instead of your butt for a change .Why don't we take a poll of how many Nitro owners have true stress cracks . It's BS information like this that the Nitro bashers feed on . If Nitro are so bad why were you a couple of posts ago chirpping about how your wife told you to go ahead and buy the 21 ft with the 225 . You really pissed me off this time . You know Rob with the line of BS you have you should open up a used car lot in Plattsburg

Drum roll...please....and now the winner is... nobody. Guys, let's remember what makes this a great site...respect and cooperation.... Everybody here is entitled to an opinion...Rob included... And Tom MAc probably doesn't yet think this "crack" is a strees crack... I think Rob is stating his belief that all glass boats develop gelcoat cracks from flex... Don't know...but let's "discuss" the issues not rant... Now I'm going out to stroke my "tin" Tracker and look for trouble....

I think I remember that same post (or the same question anyway) posted here,..and we told Tom then,..."If it's just a clear coat crack...it's nothing to be worried about,...if it's deeper than the clear coat and goes down into the gel,..then it needs to be fixed"...STRESS and Flexing will cause the clear coat to develope hair line spider web aka "crows feet" cracks,..especially in corners and radii around curves...I have those on my 901 also where the front consoles meet the rod lockers.....Buzz has them on his 896 in the same location and my old 896 had them in the SAME locations!! It happens on any boat REGARDLESS of the mfgr over time and if it's used a lot! I've seen them in the same general spots on virtually EVERY brand of bass boat made! There are two words that should be banned from the english language,..or atleast from every fishermen and boater's vocabulary...."NEVER and ALWAYS"....LOL. They will make a liar out of you EVERY time!!! Crax happen!!!!

Mac

Tin splits, cracks, leaks, tears,..sinks(see Titanic)LOL

We are still waiting for the ultimate magic material from which to build boats....in the mean time..pack duct tape!

Well unfortunately since his last "bash" post against me, I have lost much of MY respect for Tom. I still refrain from attacking. Tom, my "chirping" of my wife stating to buy a 21 ft with 225 NOWHERE said that it would be a NITRO. Last I checked there are a few other companies out there that also make 21 footers and you know what, they too offer....YUP 225 hp outboards. If you choose to keep viewing all my post through immature, irrated glasses, so be it, I cannot stop you. I apologized once for the joke that I made in the past, but you have made it a point to attack me at every corner, so who's behavior is immature at best, childish at worst? Thank you Curtis, for pointing that out. I had remembered the last time Tom and I fished he had mentioned something about it. Tom, frankly at this point I couldn't care less what you think. You have lost all ability to have any impact on my life. I give everybody the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not too! I was just stating my observations once again, much like you did yesterday in your post saying that if you ever buy it another boat it will NEVER be a Nitro. Every one I have EVER seen other than still on a showroom floor has had excessive stress cracking far more then comparable rigs from other companies. Take it for what it is, but I'm not about to be quiet about what I believe is important info for newbies coming here and trusting our opinions to go spend $20k + for a boat for the sake of giving you the warm fuzzies. I only wish somebody had warned me before I dumped $8500 into a garbage tin rig that kept splitting. And there are no lines of BS here my friend. I don't insult your ability as a chemist though you continue to insult my ability as an angler. The bottom line is I WILL be a pro that someday you WILL read about, and then we can see who eats crow. The way I see it, in a few years, one of us will be right, but Rob LaMoy is the one who gets to decide WHO is right, and right now, I'm on MY side!

Guys, perspective....some of us are arguing about stress cracks in our fiberglass bassboats.....life could be much worse!

Pierre

From Tom Mac (yesterday)

"I have a theory that might sound a little crazy but I am coming to believe that Tracker gets so called seconds from other manufacturers to install on their boats to cut cost. The reason that I say this is that I had to replace the trolling motor on my 929 . The replacement that I got from Cabela

First of all curtis as mac pointed out I wasn't sure if it was a stress crack or not and I had posted this question on the bass fishing home page to find out what it was it turned out it was a gel crack if I am quilty of anything is that I should have been mote clear in my intial post also As Rob has metioned we have met in person numerous times and correct me if I am wrong Rob but I never mentioned to you that I had experienced stress cracks to you at all because as Curtis has seen my post asking about cracks occured in august and I havn't seen you since June and what constant bashing are you refering to> I have only once made negative comments to once and it did concern what you refered to in the past. The most of the time I have remained in the background keeping my comments to myself AND NEVEN HAVE I MADE ANY COMMMNETST YOUR Fishing abiltties

ROb this is my last post on the subject I base my observtions on my experience yes I stand by what I said yesterday but for you to come out and say that every nitro even those on showroom floors have stress crack makes no sense I also do stand by the fact that I would not buy another Nitro based on my experience and if anyone has ever asked me about the boat I tell them the good and the bad look and some of my older posts I'm the fiurst one to admitt the QC on my boat sucks I never implied that the QC on all Nitro's suck

OK Tom, take off the goggles you've been wearing, because you're NOT readin MY posts. You were wrong about what my wife said, you are wrong on SEVERAL points of what I apparently said. I did not say your "constant bashing" but said, "last bash post against me". The last time you posted to me, it was negative. Read into what you will. And you certainly DID respond about my fishing ability when you went off about me in the Everstart against other anglers, ranting on like you had any clue what I was trying to say or am trying to accomplish. I can look back my friend and once again let your own words be a foot in you mouth, but it was to the effect of "I have fished with many people here in NJ who are FAR better then YOU or I and can ever hope to be and they fish against the fish, not the other anglers" Ring any dillusional bells? For one, if they were that great, WHY aren't they fishing the starts, a few wins in a weekend club hardly constitutes the best angler you have ever met. And the times we have fished together, you rarely listened to anything I had to say, so I'm not about to waste my breath on another guy that has a $30k boat and for that sake thinks he knows it all! After all, you come to Champlain 3-4 times a year, what could young, stupid, lowly Rob ever tell you that would have any benefit? I had spots I wanted to show you, but you insisted on fishing for the dinks in the narrows, so be it. I still had a good time and thought at the time you were a great guy. You don't have the foggiest idea what my fishing abilities are, and if you would stop for a half second to listen to what I'm actually trying to say half the time instead of fabricating your on dilluted ideas in your head, you might just realize that. And I never said, boats on showroom floors have cracks, I SAID, every boat I've seen EXCEPT in showrooms have stress cracks! And that is a FACT! If you want me to conduct a thorough inspection of yours, I would gladly point them out, because I've got my next paycheck that says they're there!!! And I KNOW other brands get them, I never said they don't, but said Nitros get FAR more! Look at the 896 I'm about to get from Buzz, a great rig, and I know he takes care of it, but the top cap is covered with massive stress cracks in the gel coat. Not structural, so I don't care, but I've looked at other rigs and have yet to see one as bad as many Nitros. And when it comes to admitting something, when I'm wrong I DO admit it, and have several times in the past. But when I'm not, and somebody like you goes off half cocked raving about things that I didn't say because they can't discuss things level headed and keep their wits, I'm not about to let you slander who I am and stand by idly. Yeah, you've stayed in the background, but the lately all you've had to say to me or about me is negative and frankly WRONG! Be man enough to back up and take some stock and think about it awhile before YOU spew more BS for everyone to partake in. Read the posts in whole, NOT what you CHOOSE to read to fuel your ridiculous anger.

I was born with a stress crack on my ass.

Seriously guys, life is too short to argue about something so petty. I've enjoyed coming to this website for some time, but if today were my first visit, and I saw this crap, I probably wouldn't bother to come back.

I think it's too easy for people to hide behind a computer and say things they would never say to one another in person.

Hey Ken...

You all done with your inventory???

Did you find an Avalanche packed away that you didn't know about??? Trade me straight up for my TV-18???

(just to change the subject...)

az

Guys, I was and still am fine. It's done now as far as I'm concerned. I just don't deal well with people putting words in my mouth I never said, or accusing me of something I didn't do. Sorry if I upset anyone, but I'm over it now. Like I said once before, I don't go looking for confrontation, but if it finds it's way onto my doorstep, I'm not afraid to go toe to toe with it. Better to get it done and over with I think. And now it's done and over with. So how those socks coming along Neeley? Still wearing the argyle? Did I spell that right? Wait, don't answer that Ken, you're still learning to count, and gosh I hope Trep doesn't try to spell it! LOL Gosh, you guys are the best! SIMCLMPCGFGJNO! sitting in my chair laughing my politically correct green fiber glass jack nuts off! What a mouth full! THE STATEMENT, not the GFGJN!

I would not have fiberglass jack nuts if you paid me.....LOL That would itch way too much. Politically correct is correct!

Don't suck too many Senko's....the salt isn't good for your blood pressure.

Hey Mac, is there a cartoon in there somewhere?!?

Since we are going to start bashing each other will we have all of the

Yeah if Rich could add some popups...and about a dozen (better) jerks (our jerks are mere amateurs, LOL) and threads with numbers...we might have something here... "Go read 717456 cuz looselips contradicted himself here 767894"

Rob and Tom,

I have met both of you and I still like you both, Tom's got a nice boat and Rob sure has a purdy mouth. Now KNOCK IT OFF!!!

MAN!!!!!!!!!....Just got into the office to find all this hostile stuff going on. Rob- I'm sure you're right in several ways....Tom Mac..I'm sure you're right in several ways.....I just hope this post doesn't take up all the web space, because it sounds like two children arguing.

Both of you guys are adults, RIGHT? One of you become the MAN of the argument and say something like, "We obviously don't see eye to eye on these issues. I'll agree to disagree and go on living my life the way it was."

Rob- I think you've gotten to that point. Good for you!

Tom Mac- LET IT GO!!!! It can't be so serious that you have to continue to bash Rob...What the hell is that "suck on a senko" crap....? Are you seriously making comments like that out of anger? I've seen it in joking, but I think you're truly angry. Let it GO!!!! Your life will be the same as it was before, because this is not that big of a deal.....

Bottom LINE----SO what if a boat has stress cracks....So what if someone believes every NITRO has them....Just don't buy one...

Thanks Guys...I'm officially signing up as the head NTOWS Counselor...LOL

YUK, those things taste HORRIBLE! Man, what do fish see in them anyway??? LOL And I don't know WHY they call it YUM???? That's a lie! But they are filling! Like a lead weight in your stomach......oh crap was that a lead weight. Guess I can't ever go to California! LOL

ok...Rob's back to normal now....or normally abnormal in his case.

Sometimes words just don't translate well and you can get hammered for what you meant as a funny comment. I stay on this board because there is a healthy exchange of ideas and when that happens it can, and usually does get heated. As long as there are adequate "rules of engagement" I think we will be ok. I have felt the sting of the LaMoy lip and I have also joined in on some negativity (it's easy to do) but always return to a near normal state (with no grudges held). Now if Neeley would quit stealin my Deliverence lines (next he'll be goin for "Nell"...Chickopee......inna weeend) I'll be happy. Besides everybody knows Rob can't fish....sheesh. I'm the only REAL fisherman on this site.

TOXIC

Jeez, just what we needed to hear. I thought this melee was over...............sa

It is!!! PUT IT TO BED. NO MORE RANTS!!

"The Marines are lookin' for a few good men......and you aint it!".......uh Ken?

TOXIC

ummmmm....A Few Good Men...Keifer Sutherland to Tom Cruise???

MAN oh man ANOTHER one putting words in my mouth???? When did I say I was KVD? Did I not JUST say I was fishing Detroit river, Lake Erie, Lake George? No magical spots there Stevie boy! Anyway, a 15 year old dreamer isn't such a bad thing. Ya know what, I'm not going to wast my breath or typing in this case on you! I think YOU need to go grow up. In fact you know what, I'm getting a little tired of getting railed when all I've really ever done is try to help and offer suggestions. Can I be a little opionated? Sure, have I ever hosed somebody because I didn't like what they said, I don't think so. I think it's time to leave the site for a while. I can tell when my welcome is worn out so I'll go play in my own sandbox a while. For my friends, you can e-mail or call any time. One last thing Stevie boy, go find where I said I'm so great, because quite frankly, if there is one thing that is really *&$^@%%&# me off, it's all the clowns that keep saying I have said how great I am. WHERE? WHEN? If I had all this ego, I wouldn't come ask questions or suggestions. Do I have some ego? Sure who doesn't? Do you think the New England Patriots got to the super bowl last year with none? Do you suppose that Jay Yelas won the classic with none? Or John Sappington the FLW championship with none? NO! So don't talk to me about what YOU think it takes to make until you've forked over your hard earned money and tried it troll! I've come to realize that people want you to do good, just not better then them, because then they feel awkward for having not tried and succeeded. Then they try to pull you back down to their level so they fell better. Pull away, you ain't takin me down with you! Sorry, have a nice day!

Gel cracks or no gel cracks, the boat still runs, and still takes you to your honey holes. It's matter of cosmetics. As long as the motor don't fall off of the transom, you'll be fine. ;-) Not many people care what you own, they'll go and say "nice boat" and mind their own business - only few would pay attention to the details like cracks, but they don't make your fishing any less fun. I would still buy another Nitro if it still have history of gel cracks - I break the boat faster than the boat ages, so hell with that.

- matt

Rob,

Sit down and listen..."pop, pop, glug glug glug...aaahhhh!!!" That's us enjoying a beverage together and not sweating the small stuff. Stick around, we need you to pick on!!!

Ken -

"Something about Mary"

"You keep saying that word, but I dont think it means what you think it means"

Please guys...no more posts....i can't read another one of Rob's long posts.....!!!

Pierre

Just read it in French...with the current exchange rate, 14 of Rob's words equals 1 of yours!!!

Don't you dare talk to me that way...I'll come up there and rip your jacknuts off!!! I can kill you with my thumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken...the Ninja

Sim,

One of my favorites, said by Inigo Montoyo to Vassini, Princess Bride.

"He didn't fall?!? Inconceivable!"

"Ju keep using that word, I donna think it means whachu think it means!"

Toxic,

It was Clint Eastwood, but not "Hamburger Hill", it was "Heartbreak Ridge"

"Ole Tom Jackson took one look at that hill and said it might not kill us boys, but it will sure break our hearts"

Rich D

boy i guess im going to miss all the comotion here this weekend,what with salmon running the river,and smallies in the lake chunking up for winter,guess im a gonna go a trollin' this weekend!

give it up,fiber boats craze(crack) no matter the brand,its a given.they flex,it is a given,something has to give.gelcoat is brittle.it will crack where fiberglass is flexible to a certain extent.go push on a kenworth t2000,or a freightliner fld,or a international hood.they flex.

off for 3 days of fishing and relaxing.

fight nice!

Correction to my previous quote... I believe it should be Stoney Jackson, not Tom. Tom was Clint's characters name.

Back to the first post, I had a 1998 896 which had no cracks of any kind when I traded it in for my 2001 929 which 20 months later has no cracks of any kind. I guess I just got lucky and got two Nitros which developed no cracks. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

98 lx700 with no cracks (boat is probably too short to flex).

jd

Latest posts

Back