Replacing Drive Sleeve On 2001mercury Xr6 150hp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Meier

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has had to replace the drive sleeve for prop shaft hub. I found that mine is cracked all the way through when checking prop shaft. I feel really good about catching it early. Actually I would say it did its job protecting the lower unit after I got into some rocks with my stainless steel prop. Something has to give and that would be the drive sleeve. Everything else appears to be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions of other damage I should look in to. Thank you, Mark

Just wondered if anyone has had to replace the drive sleeve for prop shaft hub. I found that mine is cracked all the way through when checking prop shaft. I feel really good about catching it early. Actually I would say it did its job protecting the lower unit after I got into some rocks with my stainless steel prop. Something has to give and that would be the drive sleeve. Everything else appears to be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions of other damage I should look in to. Thank you, Mark

With the horse power of 150 and using a stainless prop Mercury recommends installing a insert in the plastic hub
shopping
as shown here in this picture bottom center. That will reinforce the plastic hub and still do it's job.

Latest posts

Back