replacement storage keys

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe d'ski

Reaction score
where can someone find replacement key for "02" notro boat storage compartments ;lost mine and cant find spare

If they are not locked, you can get the number from the cylinder. BPS should be able to match them. If they can't match them you can replace them with new ones. Lowes may have them, Cheaper than a locksmith.

Welcome and one thing you can do (since the locks are cheap and easy to break into) is to remove the springs, balls and pins on the lock, now any key will work. Just do not tell anyone.

cq

I had my new 2006 Nitro 482 in Tracker Marine in Austin this past week, and the keys the guy I bought the boat from did not fit the storage compartments so asked Gary Pender about seeing if he could get a key for the locks. He found some keys in his shop and gave em to me at NO COST.
Now that's customer service!!! You might try your Tracker dealership/repair shop.

Should be an "RH01" or an "RH11" and common throughout the Tracker, and several other, boat lines. Most dealers have a drawer or box full of extra keys. FWIW - Compartment locker locks are designed to keep an honest man honest and little else. Good luck!;)

Should be an "RH01" or an "RH11" and common throughout the Tracker, and several other, boat lines. Most dealers have a drawer or box full of extra keys. FWIW - Compartment locker locks are designed to keep an honest man honest and little else. Good luck!;)

Thanks...took it to Tracker Marine and they had a set of keys that fit my boat in their "bucket of keys"....so Gary Pender took care of me (as usual)

I bought a used 2009 Pro Guide 16 WT boat and the owner had lost the keys to the lockers and the glove box. Bought 3 sets of keys from Bass Pro and a Tracker dealer in Sacramento and none fit. Now buying two new locks and a new set of keys as Tracker charges extra if you want new locks with keys - talk about terrible customer service. Had I realized how one is 100% dependent on a Tracker dealer to get replacement parts I would never have bought the boat.

If they are perko locks then there are numbers on the locks that id which of the 3 or 4 different different keys there are. Easy to replace.

If the latches had a company or part number on them I would have been able to give it to the dealer and maybe the dealer would have been able to learn what keys were used but that was not the case and that was why I took the time to make the post on this forum. Gotta love it when some clown makes assumptions that are not warranted by the content of the OP.

The same applies to the glove box latch. No ID and the latch has a plastic body that is permanently bonded to the door. Replacing the lock so I can lock the compartment will require replacing the entire panel as well. I may end up doing this with a piece of 3/16" stainless plate as the plastic latch won't stop a 5-year old from breaking into it.

With both the local Tracker dealer and the person at Bass Pro I was asked what the number was on the keys that I did not have. Nice to know that stupid is still in vogue. I ended up buying two new locks and then was told by the person at the Tracker dealer that the keys were extra. I have bought new ignition key assemblies and various locks and they always included the keys, but not Tracker.

The new rod locker locking latches have no identification as to the manufacturer and no part number on them either. The key that comes with the latch does have a number on it of 134. It is the type of key that no hardware store is going to be able to have a blank and be able to replicate. For anyone that might want to know that the Tracker SKU for the keys it is 153694 and the SKU for the latches is 153883.

I have to think the people at Tracker go out of their way to provide the lowest possible level of customer service. I have a boat that was manufactured only 4 years ago and only has two different keys and the two dealers could not find the key numbers for either lock. They did sell me 3 sets of keys and none fit either of the two locks. There are companies like Cisco Fishing Systems that provide exceptional customer service and others like Tracker that have a take it or leave it attitude that is very obvious. My next boat will definitely not be one from Tracker.

If the latches had a company or part number on them I would have been able to give it to the dealer and maybe the dealer would have been able to learn what keys were used but that was not the case and that was why I took the time to make the post on this forum. Gotta love it when some clown makes assumptions that are not warranted by the content of the OP.

I bought a used 2009 Pro Guide 16 WT boat and the owner had lost the keys to the lockers and the glove box. Bought 3 sets of keys from Bass Pro and a Tracker dealer in Sacramento and none fit. Now buying two new locks and a new set of keys as Tracker charges extra if you want new locks with keys - talk about terrible customer service. Had I realized how one is 100% dependent on a Tracker dealer to get replacement parts I would never have bought the boat.

Tox - It appears his original post was intended to only be a tirade against BPS/Tracker and had no desire for help, which you (unfortunately in this case) gave. I'm sure dozens of knowledgable, experienced folk here will jump on the next opportunity to help such a cordial individual in the future. ;):D

I understand the frustration but I know of many who have gotten the # off the lock cylinder and gotten keys. If in fact there are only 3 different keys then 1 of each ought to put you on all of them. I've heard of dealers with boxes full of keys and all you have to do is pull it in and they can match it up. As is with most ranters he will not want to hear the answer anyway if in fact that comment was directed at me. ;)

Latest posts

Back