Removing Oxidation/ Polishing Aluminum

• Thread starter Christopher Parrish
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Parrish

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for removing oxidation and restoring the luster to aluminum. Currently I am using Eagle One wadding compound to polish the boat, and it does leave a nice shine, but it takes and excessive amount of time and effort. Is there a better way? Thanks,

Chris

Do a search and you may come up with some info... ALSO, Check out www.sharkhide.com interesting product.. I have used a similar cleaner like the one describe called "toon Brite" Haven't heard from anyone about the sealer/ again pictured at the website mentioned
www.sharkhide.com

Chris, 3M makes an aluminum polish that works quite well. You will find it in most marine supply stores.

Mike

Chris, 3M makes an aluminum polish that works quite well. You will find it in most marine supply stores.

Mike

I fish a clear water lake and prefer to leave the lower side of the hull slightly to partly stained to nullify the reflection than may spook fish. But that's just my opinion... I do however keep the rest of my boat spotless.. unless you consider beer bottles and parrot feathers a mess...

Parrotth3ad

"... Lovin on the livingroom floor (so sore)..."

I painted a school of minnows and crawfish on the bottom of my boat.. really attracts the fish. I just reach in and grab them..... Just Kiddin.........lol

Latest posts

Back