Remove the back seats from a 2006 Nitro 189 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhawk50

Reaction score
Like all old vinyl seats in an old boat, my rear three "bench" seats are splitting. I want to replace them, but first how do I remove them. Any help?

FishHawk I have an 05 model, my 2 side seats slide out to become pedestal seats on the front and rear of the boat, easy enough to remove. The center seat covers the cooler and sits on a hinge you need to remove, several screw hold the hinge to the seat but seems easy enough, maybe I am not sure what you are asking, any pictures?
Scrooge

Little Scrooge is correct for removal. I replaced my seats in my 2005 188 Sport with seats from Bass Boat Seats all measurements are shown in the web site. Lifetime wattanty!

FishHawk I have an 05 model, my 2 side seats slide out to become pedestal seats on the front and rear of the boat, easy enough to remove. The center seat covers the cooler and sits on a hinge you need to remove, several screw hold the hinge to the seat but seems easy enough, maybe I am not sure what you are asking, any pictures?
Scrooge
Thanks! I can remove the center seats since it's just a series of screws on a hinge. Once I do that, I suppose removing the two side seats will be obvious.

Being the old timer (with too much salt on the brain), I wanted to buy new seats for my pedestals Front and back, then I learned that if I bend over the rear seats and pull them straight up BINGO they come right out, put the spline into the hole on the pedestals and there ya are.

Fishhawk , maybe the term "Slide out" for the 2 side seats is not correct but as Capt Scully said Pull straight up they should come right out, no need to remove the center seat just to get the side ones to come out

Thanks! I had not wanted to try to force something. Now it seems like a little more force will pop them out the right way.

Being the old timer (with too much salt on the brain), I wanted to buy new seats for my pedestals Front and back, then I learned that if I bend over the rear seats and pull them straight up BINGO they come right out, put the spline into the hole on the pedestals and there ya are.
Good! I was hoping that was the solution, but didn't want to break something while trying to "force" them out.

If they dont come out, you may need to spray some lubricant onto the post/pin that holds them into the plate. The pin is hard to reach but the little plastic extender nozzle get it close enough to do the job. The pins can get a little rust and make pulling out difficult.
Jim

Latest posts

Back