Removal Of Back Seats On A 99 Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noff

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a 99 Nitro and I need to know how to remove the back seats. They are fold down seats and from what I understand they're supposed to be able to pull out and be used as fishing seats. Mine will not pull up. I am replacing all the seats so I removed the base seat and left only the frame. Could the frame just be rusted and it needs to be loosened up to pull straight out? Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks everyone.

Yes on the rusted in. Had the same problem. Penetrating spray lubricant. I was lucky in that I had aluminum boat where I could take the deck off and you say impact hammer to get it out from the bottom. You may have to use a pipe wrench on the pedal steel post which will mar it. To be able to break it free by turning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes on the rusted in. Had the same problem. Penetrating spray lubricant. I was lucky in that I had aluminum boat where I could take the deck off and you say impact hammer to get it out from the bottom. You may have to use a pipe wrench on the pedal steel post which will mar it. To be able to break it free by turning.

Thanks for the info. Mine is not aluminum so there is really no way of getting to the bottom of the post. I have been using penetrating oil and one moves with a little help from a hammer and the other will not budge. I might look around for some more powerful rust penetrate.

Worst case you’ll have to take the carpet up around the seat base. Pull the screws and install new bases. I’ve done this before. Cut the carpet just a inch longer than the edge of the base. So you can install the base over the carpet. And install a new painted one.

These are for the rear seats and the base is located in a very difficult spot. See photos. IMG_20180802_174427103_HDR.jpg IMG_20180802_174435054.jpg

Latest posts

Back