remote fill connection on seastar hydraulic steering.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll know something is wrong when the steering is not smooth and consistent while driving, if you can turn the wheel all the way to left or right and it keep turning slowly or jittery while it's parked, If you notice fluid leaking around connections. It probably is a good time to fix any issues and flush and bleed system out. After that every 3 years is a safe time to flush the system. Use proper fluid for seastar, don't use automotive power steering fluid.

You'll know something is wrong when the steering is not smooth and consistent while driving, if you can turn the wheel all the way to left or right and it keep turning slowly or jittery while it's parked, If you notice fluid leaking around connections. It probably is a good time to fix any issues and flush and bleed system out. After that every 3 years is a safe time to flush the system. Use proper fluid for seastar, don't use automotive power steering fluid.
I don't want to wait for something to go wrong, I want to know where the fill line is and keep the fluid full.

Check your fluid at the pump on the steering wheel. Just unscrew the knob behind the steering wheel and look in to see the fluid.

Hi Rick! On my Z7 there is a nob behind the plexiglass shield. Take it off and unscrew the nob. Pour in slowly so the air can come out. No mark you have to fill until you see the fluid. Not a great thing!!! It would help if you let us know year and model of your boat so someone that has the same boat can tell you how to do it. It will help to have a small funnel so as not to make a mess.

I don't want to wait for something to go wrong, I want to know where the fill line is and keep the fluid full.
I agree, but it is a closed system, it doesn't get burned or evaporates. unless it is leaking or needs to be flushed and refilled, no need to worry about it.

Latest posts

Back