Remote drain plug cable routing question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMH

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to install a Flow Rite remote drain plug in my Nitro Z7.
Seems like a pretty straight forward install but I wonder if I will have to remove the black shelf in the battery compartment in order to grab and route the cable from the drain plug hole to my switch location.
Anyone had experience with this? Thanks!

I used a grabber tool that could reach down past the plate and grabbed the cable end to pull it up past the place into the back where I could reach it.
You could fish it up through the space with a coat hanger if needed... That was a great upgrade for me- really like that convenience. One of those things that once you do it and use it - you have to think- why didn't I do this sooner..

I used a grabber tool that could reach down past the plate and grabbed the cable end to pull it up past the place into the back where I could reach it.
You could fish it up through the space with a coat hanger if needed... That was a great upgrade for me- really like that convenience. One of those things that once you do it and use it - you have to think- why didn't I do this sooner..
Perfect answer. I'll pick up a grabber tool and give it a try. Thanks

I cut a hole in the pvc board about 3" and that worked great for me. BUTTTT..... as time went by I have had to work on bulge pumps and get to the area more so I took out the pvc board and cut about 10" off the back and reinstalled the board and now I have access to the area. I am 68 so contorting my body is not happening anymore. It looks good and I can work on it now!!! I love the flow rite plug. Had my Z7 since 15 and it is maxed out!! Great boat.

how did the mod go? What length cable used, and where did you mount the control switch/knob? One last question, any pictures?

Thanks
Hey, sorry for the late reply. The mod went great. About 3 hours. I used the longest cable, I think it was 12'. I did have to remove the black ABS battery deck but it was much quicker than I expected. Using the grabber tool to get the control wire did not work for me. I mounted the switch in front of the shift lever nearly up to the console. It is out of the way but very easy to see and use. Love it!

Latest posts

Back