Red River Tackle Suggestions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I have $250 in gift cards to BassPro so I am going to stock up for the Womens Bassmaster Classic which is on the Red River Oct 16-18th. Anyone have any suggestions on what tackle I should get for this? I've read a few articles online from some Louisiana fishing magazines but thats about it.

Wish I could call up some of the guys who fished the Classic there in Feb to see what they used but hey, I just aint that famous....yet.:p

Not sure I know Big Dan. I tried to do a search and didn't find him.

Teri, I will shoot my buddy an email and ask him. Not sure if I am going to make it now, may have another commitment that weekend.

I haven't fished the river this summer but the usual lures for the red are white spinners, brush hogs in any watermellon type color, crank baits. Those are about it. The river is way way high and muddy right now from the rains so u will probably need to find clearer water in the back of the oxbows in pool 5 (Shreveport) or pool 4 (Coushatta). hope this helps a little Terri

Not sure I know Big Dan. I tried to do a search and didn't find him.

Ouch.... That'll leave a mark! :lol::p:blink::huh:;):rolleyes::D

You should have used Google Earth. At 6'3" 300lbs. I'm sure I'd show up! BWAAAAAAHHH!!! :wacko:

PM me and I'll dump my guts. (I'm heading to FL Thurs.) Lots of water, lots of tactics available, so depending on your draw, your plans can drastically change so it's a good idea to have a variety of presentations prepared and ready. As always, get an idea of what the next day is going to be at the pairings. You could be fishing fairly clean water one day, then mud thick as concrete the next. Great fishery with generally a good bit of driving involved. Good luck and let me know if I can help!! :D

Back