recirculating valve

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where is the valve that is described in the manual of a Nitro 882 that switches the pump function from the recirculating function in the livewell ,

Love my new (used) Nitro but this stumps me

Help

dave,

the flow control valve as discribed below works in conjunction with the airate pump and the recurculate pump both of these pumps have switiches that control them on your dash on the right side of the steering wheel.

each one of these two switches will have 3 options manual/ timer/off the master power switch must be on for any livewell functions.

My boat (LXS 800) only has one pump, the valve is attached to the pump. It is operated by a lever selection switch (auto, recirc., and empty) located somewhere by the drivers console. Mine is located just in front of the throttle handle. Yours may be similar to this.

I took apart my entire bildge/livewell area to do some work, my valve is a red square box located under the gas tank in the bildge area. One end of it went thru the transom fitting, the other end went to the livewell drain. Mine is an old 1993 180FS so it may be quite different, but hopefully it helps. Oh yea, the switch near the throttle controlled the valve I was talking about. On my boat, the valve basically was the drain for the livewell. There was another pump (recirc pump) behind the bench seat which basically feed water from the bottom of the livewell back to the top to remix with air.

by what you said eariler " 2oo4 nitro 882" the info i've given is exactly how the boat is set up.

there is no other explaination than the one i've given you.

I have a 2005, although my manual stated it had a valve, it did not. Must be a generic manual I guess. Mine has a plug in the right livewell behind the passenger seat that must be in to fill and keep water in. (7/8"). It has 2 pumps in the bilge. It has 3 hoses attached to the sides. The one behind the passenger is a recirc / pump out depneding on the position of the spout (in or out). There are two behind the drivers seat. One is a fill spout that works when the manual switch is activated and pumps water in directly from the lake. The other in the back corner is a overflow that connects with the drain hose and goes out the back of the bilge. The hole in the drivers side bottom of the livewell should have a screen on it. This one feeds the recirc pump to either recirc or pump the livewell out.

Jim - please eloborate on your statement {depending on the position of the spout (in or out))

Latest posts

Back