Recessed Trolling Motor Tray Install

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo

Reaction score
I have talked about it. I have dreamed about it. Now I am finally going to do it. I just received my new Troll 'N' Tray recessed trolling motor tray. I will install it next week. I want to get it done for I may be facing knee replacement surgery. I have a 2005 Bass Tracker PT175 which was a 20th anniversary gift while I was pastoring in Jacksonville, NC. Can anyone tell me if there is flotation under the storage compartment under the seat? Not sure where or how to run the drain tube. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated. And, keep me in your prayers. The golden years seem to be more like cast iron than gold! Two heart stents; an angioplasty; three shoulder surgeries--one a total replacement, and now possible knee replacement--all since I retired. The lesson is--don't retire!

Thanks.

Here is a picture of the tray after the install.

0904181059.jpg

How did you decide where to locate the pan in the floor. It looks like dead center and all the way forward. I’m about to install one on the same year and model and have struggled on where (left, right, all the way forward). How does this location work for you? Thanks and hope the surgery went ok.

I just installed one in my 175 TXW and it recommends that you sit in your seat as you normally would and locate it so its comfortable when operating the foot control.

Thanks. I ended up going in the middle in case I want to use either foot. It also looked like that’s what they do on most of the new installs. I’ll post pics when I get done with the boat.

Latest posts

Back