Rear Livewell Draining

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmikejones

Reaction score
Is there a way to prevent the livewell in the rear from draining or pumping the water out while fishing with fish inside. Also I would like to be able to bring some home and would prefer they stay in water that is chilled with ice. But it keeps draining. Any and all help welcomed.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• 20200818_113953.jpg
    20200818_113953.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 20
I don't know about that specific version of switch, but I suspect either the cables aren't working properly or the valve isn't. Does the livewell have a drain hole in the bottom? Have you tried just plugging it? Otherwise, look on the transom. You probably have a fill (it will have that bubble screen on it), as well as the drain. You can plug the drain hole from the outside. Use a garden hose to fill the livewell and see where it drains out of the transom -- that's your drain hole.

Next time you're on the water, try to fill the livewell. If it won't fill, you've plugged a hole that allows water to fill it.

You MUST be careful. If you run the fill and it overflows, that water is in your bilge area. So, make sure you don't leave the fill pump on. Also, make sure to flip the bilge pump on occasionally just to make sure the livewell isn't cracked and leaking.

The best fix would be to find the actual valve and see if it's working correctly.

Awesome. Thanks. I tried plugging what I thought was the drain. Seemed i must have plugged the wrong one on rear of boat. The drain in bottom of livewell doesn't allow for a plug to be used as it has a built in screen as well. I will look closer.

Latest posts

Back