Re-Power question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone re-powered from a 2-stroke to a 4-stroke with the same horse power rating? Was there a drop in performance? No difference? What was your experience?

I've repowered quite a few bass boats with Mercurys new fourstrokes. Never seen a decrease in performance, generally you will see the same top speed or in some cases I've seen up to 5mph gains depending on the boat, holeshot is greatly improved and the fuel economy is quite a bit better. Only problem is availability, if youre thinking of repowering put one on order with your dealer, the lead time is insane right now.

I've repowered quite a few bass boats with Mercurys new fourstrokes. Never seen a decrease in performance, generally you will see the same top speed or in some cases I've seen up to 5mph gains depending on the boat, holeshot is greatly improved and the fuel economy is quite a bit better. Only problem is availability, if youre thinking of repowering put one on order with your dealer, the lead time is insane right now.
Thanks for the info!!

Latest posts

Back