Ranger being bumped from the classic?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I see that there will be two new boats at this years classic! Skeeter and Triton are the boats they will be running at this years classic. Does anyone know why Ranger is not the feature boat this year? Ranger has been the boat of the classic for many years. Wish they would of got a Nitro in there. Just thought it was intresting. Mort

Ranger was getting too greedy I think. Plus ESPN has business savvy. You can get more $$$ with 2 sponsors than you can with 1. Just makes good business sense in my opinion. Plus it gives the competitors a choice. I think, they will be able to choose right?
Rob

PS,
Nitro didn't make the cut, because they didn't want any unfair advantages. LOL
Rob again

Ranger dropped thier sponsership of all B.A.S.S. events due to the new WCF events. Ranger doesn't see eye to eye with B.A.S.S. on the "boat racing" portion of the WCF events. That's how the door to the Classic got opened for Triton and Skeeter. And for the first time, if a competitor chooses, he has the option of running an aluminum rig provided by G3 boats.

Todd C.

Latest posts

Back