Ranger 1880 Vs (vs) Nitro Z7 Sport (or) Z19 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muskyman

Reaction score
Hi all, new to site, I am upgrading to a newer used boat in the next Month or so, and have been looking at both the ranger 1880 and the nitro's , want a full windshield. I live in the great white north (eh) 6 miles south of Canadian border. I fish in Canadian waters on Lake of the woods, and a lot of the time it is windy up here and for the most part have rollers on the lake. My question to you all is how does the Nitro handle in rough water, say compared to the Ranger, have ridden in many rangers. Just never a Nitro, in fact never seen one on the water up here that I remember. Never the less I like the sticker price and look of the Nitro, but the Rangers are better built and the costumer service is better, I am looking to get help in my decision on witch one to get as far as performance, so any help and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It kind of sounds like you already made up your mind on the Ranger. I have a Nitro Z6 and love it. Sure I would like to have a Ranger but there is no way I can justify almost double the cost. The motors are the same. My boat handles rough water really well although I haven't had it in as big a water as you maybe going into. I live in Northern California and there are numerous lakes that I fish around here including Shasta.

Latest posts

Back