Radial Trailer Tires

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott S.

Reaction score
Last week I posted about choppy tire wear on tires anly a year and a half old, but with a lot of miles. Coincidently Had a trailer tire failure this weekend. Decided to put on Radial Trailer Tires and WOW what a difference. 175 80 13 on a '93 Trailer. At Highway Speeds, (and I do speed at times)... The ride is much more predictable and dips and turns in the road are much nicer. Does not seem to affect the ride nearly as much on tow vehicle/ 1999 Chevy Astro Van.

you got more life out of yours than i got out of mine.i have had radials for 2 yrs now,wont go back to bias tires now.

Esox Tracker,

I had the same experience as you. My bias ply tires cupped so I ordered some Goodyear Marathon Radials from Cabela's. What a difference! The trailer tracks better and does not wonder as much. I have one suggestion though, be sure and have your tires balanced. I know alot people don't balance their trailer tires but it has has the same effect as on your car/truck. Radials are the best way to go if it's in the budget.

Glad to hear it. I will have them balanced. The price was definately worth it. I purchased them in the area I was fishing in Wisconsin at a FARM AND FLEET Store. They were $78 each on 5 Lug WHite Wheels. VS. $51 + Mounting for Bias Tires Only.

Latest posts

Back