Quicksilver 3000 help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlnoregon

Reaction score
Hello All, I have a 95 185 SF. My motor has lately started trimming up randomly on it's own. I have narrowed it down to the trim switch on the shift lever. I think I located a new switch and button. I am hoping someone here has a copy of a service manual, or has done it, and can walk me through it. Any help would be appreciated

Try this link: MerControls manual.pdf
Be very careful when removing the throttle-only button. Follow the instructions. It doesn't take much pressure to remove but it also doesn't take much pressure to break. Or so I have been told. I certainly did not find out by experience (at least I won't admit it).

That is exactly what I was looking for, Thank you. I'll be trying the repairs next week.

Hello All, I have a 95 185 SF. My motor has lately started trimming up randomly on it's own. I have narrowed it down to the trim switch on the shift lever. I think I located a new switch and button. I am hoping someone here has a copy of a service manual, or has done it, and can walk me through it. Any help would be appreciated
Have you checked the fuses in the motor yet? A friend of mine had the same problem on a Mercury outboard that went from random to motor trying to trim up constantly. Issue turned out to be a blown fuse in the motor fuse pack. Have attached pictures of what it looks like.

Attachments

• Motor fuses.jpg
    Motor fuses.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Motor Fuses cover removed.jpg
    Motor Fuses cover removed.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 9
Have you checked the fuses in the motor yet? A friend of mine had the same problem on a Mercury outboard that went from random to motor trying to trim up constantly. Issue turned out to be a blown fuse in the motor fuse pack. Have attached pictures of what it looks like.
After some troubleshooting, I determined the problem to be the switch on the throttle. I removed it from the circuit, (plug under the dash area) and the problem went away. Last week I installed a new switch on the throttle. Now everything is working good again. I took the switch apart to see if I could find the problem. The rubber cover had worn a hole in it. With all the rain we've been getting, it looked like there had been a water level in the switch.

Latest posts

Back