Question to Rich!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanky P

Reaction score
Hey Rich, can't you handle the truth about some of the Tracker products out there I'm not lying nor a lier. I guess if I got my boat for free or got perks i wouldn't want to hear it or let the truth be known.

Spanky -

I don't know what you're talking about........ But I do know Rich Stern....... He has always been honest and open about both the pros and cons of Tracker products; he even mentions this in his introduction on the home page. The only thing he has ever gotten for all his efforts was a couple of Nitro caps, the use of a 929 for a weekend last April and kudos from all of us who benefit from this site. He does not get any sponsorship money. He gets no support from Tracker. He started the site out of his love for our sport and to share with others. I wouldn't want to try to begin to add up all the hours he has spent on this site over the past year and a half - it exists thanks to his efforts alone.

I will be the first to step forward and tell you that I am PROUD to count Rich Stern as a friend.

Thank you, Rich, for all you have given to us!

me!

It just seems funny that 2 negative comments about a Bass Tracker boat are deleated. I can be e-mailed if someone wants the truth about my related problems. Tracker doesn't have a blemish free record.

Good Afternoon: I have only met Rich once, but I would like to address a few issues that Spanky brought up.
Rich is one of the nicest people I have met.
I do work for Tracker (I write the owners manual for all of our boats) and met Rich & Scott when they came down to Missouri for the Nitro Owners TOurnament earlier this year.
Rich does not and has never received a boat or any perks from Tracker Marine for creating and operating this website. THe only thing he has ever received was the use of a Nitro boat for the weekend and Tracker donated a few hats for the tournament.
I personally think this is one of the best boat message boards on the internet. It is monitored by Tracker and if there are issues that need to be addressed they are forwarded to the appropriate people.
Unless the messages were abusive and inappropriate as Rich states on the home page of this site, I don't believe he would have deleted the messages on purpose. I realize there are alot of issues with Tracker Boats and this board is a great place to discuss them.
Sorry this is so long guys!
Doug Patillo

Spanky -

Amoung other subjects Rich and I have talked about is his disdain for webmasters who edit content at their sites which simply expresses a view contrary to their own.

The only time that I am aware of any message being deleted from this site was a couple of weeks ago when someone posted something about "make money in your spare time". Rich posted for all to note that the text had been deleted - but he left the Message Title intact.

And, Oh Lord, do we all recognize that Tracker's record is FAR from being blemish-free........ There have been many, many posts on this board over it's 1 1/2 year existance that have struck sharply at Tracker. I have contributed to some of these myself; usually I try to do it in a constructive manner; sometimes I have just plain been contrary. Not once, in all this time, has even one of my words ever been changed. Rich, too has voiced his opinion about areas at Tracker that he felt needed attention.

Thre have been many times when I have wished that Rich would do more editing........ Like those times when we all have hit the "reply" button once too often and multiple messages appear! Or, when it took me 4 or 5 tries to get photographs in a posting!

When you posted these messages, did you hit the preview button? And then the "reply" button? Or might you have just hit "preview" then exited? Please try re-entering your messages....... I, for one, would like to see what you have to say.

It simply is NOT Rich's nature to edit our postings.

me!

There is not a boat company out there with a "blemish free record". It all depends upon personal experience. Ask 20 people what the best boat is and you will get 20 brands. I now own 2 Trackers. The first being an '88 Topper jon boat with trailer and 8 hp merc. This boat has been abused for the past 12 yrs and has never failed. I imagine I will eventually own 3 Trackers. I will, however, never own another GM vehicle. Nothing against GM owners, just personal bad experiences with Chevy. If you don't like a brand name, simply don't spend your money on that brand.

Just my humble opinion

Rich D

Whoa, Spanky, I think you've got me wrong. Some counterpoints to what you seem to be saying:

- Since December, 1999, there have been over 9200 messages posted to this board. Of these, I have edited or deleted less than 5. All having to do with extreme profanity, or make-money-quick spams. I have never deleted or altered a post because someone expressed an opinion contrary to my own or negative to Tracker or any other company.

- In general, I am EXTREMELY anti-censorship oriented and do not care to interfere with peoples' posts. So long as a post meets the simple posting guidelines (see the bottom of this page to review them), I don't touch.

- There are posts you can read on this board blasting Tracker for something or another. We just had a topic titled "SERVICE(LACK OF COMMITMENT )", which pulled no punches. Several Nitro owners expressed extreme dissatisfaction with the company. It's all there in black and white, unaltered by yours truly. Why would I leave a tough-on-Tracker thread like that and pick on you instead?

Spanky, I happen to like my Nitro, as I did with the previous Nitro. But I don't run around screaming that Tracker Marine is perfect and everyone should buy one. You can read everything I've ever said on this board by using the search feature for "Rich Stern". You'll find I am pretty even-handed.

This forum is here for information sharing, cheerleading, booing, or whatever the members and visitors feel is appropriate, so long as they adhere to the posting guidelines.

Perhaps a software or net glitch kept your posts from making it to the board. If so, I would like to understand what happened so I can fix it. In the meantime, please post your comments, whatever they are, again. I'm sure we can have a productive discussion.

Scott, Doug, thanks for honoring me with your friendship.

I would like to say that I'm a Nitro owner for the second time and I proud of it. Yes, every boat has problems but I think Rich has always shown a honest way for owners to get answers for these problems. I would just say "Thanks Rich" and keep up the good work.

rich is right.he doesnt edit posts,as in mine for lack of service and a thread i started.it was there,and probally still is.

granted tracker does have a lot of boats out there,and being that many,there is bound to be a problem child or 2.or a problem with warranty work.with all the calls there reps get a day,they are bound to be a forgotten call back.believe me i know this for a fact..

so post it for us to see.exclude profanity,and stick to the facts.

this is my second tracker,and barring a few warranty issues and such,it gets me there and back..

fished ontario this past weekend,not much doing,got 6 smallies,nothing spectacular,well,no one was killing them from what i had seen!!a little excitement though,a small plane was buzzing the charters out about 2 miles in the lake,he did a bank turn a little close to the water and hit a wave with the wing,he went down with the plane,listening to the cg on 22,they went from a search/rescue to a salvage operation,they found the plane and body in it,in 120 feet of water.sad story for the guys family.

oh well,enuf said!!

Hey, just like to pitch in my .02 worth.
As far as I can see this is a pretty fair site for all (thanks to you Rich). It's purpose is to provide a place where people can ask questions or give opinions/answers as they see fit, as long it is done in a manner that is intended to be informative and not abusive to others. Sometimes those opinions/answers are not THE answer we need but just the same it's an answer we didn't have. Information you get here is just that and you use it or don't as you see fit. Our opinions are just that and not intended to bash anyone for their personal preferences (get that stuff on other sites!). A little playful joking expected.
If Rich has had to censor some postings to keep it clean for all I say great! We all agree that we don't need or want that stuff in this forum. There's absolutely no reason to be abusive here. If a person posts something in a informative manner (even negative opinions) I'm sure it'll be here for all to see. Check the past posts and let logic be your guide!
So, Spanky, if you have something that is negative but informative and NOT abusive to contribute by all means do so or YOU CAN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO VENT. Either way I'm sure we'll all continue along just fine with or without you. Make a decision, no pressure!
Rich, just remember, for us, you da man!

Tom (I just fishfafun (in a BassCat!))

I have been here almost from the start and I have read some of the worst horor stories about Tracker/Nitro boats on this web site. Rich has never altered or deleted a post because of BAD PRESS for Tracker. He would rather get it out in the open and discuss it and hopefully someone at Tracker will read it and fix the problem.

If you had a problem with Rich or the board, Why didn't you just Email Rich and ask him why your posts were removed or not posted to the board. Could there have been abusive language??. Profanity?? He is a great person and I am sure it could have been taken care of in private.

As for the rules of the board.This is what is posted on the Home page...

Ground rules and guidelines for fair play: The primary mission of this website is to promote information sharing and enjoyment of Nitro and Tracker boats. Inevitably, we will discuss flaws in Tracker Marine products. That

I hope the deleation was an oversite. I enjoy this site and the info shared here. I may have made a mistake by purchasing a Bass Tracker and I'll have to take care of it. I'll just keep my comments to myself.

Spanky -

Absolutely no reason to keep them to yourself.........

As the webmaster for this site, Rich knows he is going to be open to criticism. It goes with the territory. He gets the kudos - and he also has to be ready to have fingures shaken ar him even if he is not to blame. No big deal. That's life and human nature!

It's also very understandable that, if you hit a glitch in the system, you would figure Rich had deleted your posts...... We can all understand that as well.

Stick around! Repost your comments. This is a great group of people to associate with!

me!

me!

Spanky,
By the mere fact THIS post is on the board should indicate Rich is not big on deleting posts. Why delete a blast at Tracker and post a blast at his honesty and integrity? I'm not sure what board you've been reading, but if you have the time simply read the posts from the last month. There are many posts pointing out problems with different boats. By the nature of the beast there is no such thing as a trouble free boat. They're made from aluminum and fiberglass. Operate in places that we probably have no reason to be except to pursue our passion. They're mass produced goods that can not be made fast enough to meet demand. Bound to be problems. Feel free to share problems and ask for assistance, but I'd lay off Rich. You'll get help and sympathy with boat problems, but not much of either by attacking Rich. What is the problem with the boat? I own a Tracker and would be interested in knowing. Don't let this deter you from participating in discussions on this board and I think your opinion of Rich will change.
Gene

Spanky take a good look around before making accusations. A quick look at the Dealer Report card alone would be enough to understand what this iste is all about. Some are good, some are bad, but they are all honest. This board is based on people who happen to love their boats, not without some problems, but as they are. We help each other resolve issues, heck I've seen more post about how to reach Tracker because someone has a problem than anything else. Sit back, relax and read. Instead of complaining, why don't you just try us out..ask away maybe we can help with your issues.

Pierre

My $.02 worth. Without question the best boating/fishing site on the web. Doesn't matter what brand of boat you have. It's the PEOPLE not the boat. All of the regulars around here are always willing to help in any way they can, some of them don't even own a Tracker product.

... Water into the intake and blows it out the "pee hole". (Kinda sounds like me and a cool one on a Saturday afternoon.) If that doesn't get edited, you can say just about anything you want in here with no reprisal as long as you don't use profanity or bash someone by name.

Rich, I know most of my post are, how to say this..., off topic... but every now and then I'll have something that is actually useable, not very often, but.....

"A day without sunshine is llike ............ night."

Parrotth3ad

Spanky, I just read your follow up to the original message.

There was no oversite: Your message, if it ever was in the message database, was not deleted. If there is a bug that prevented your message from reaching the database, I would like to understand more about what happened: Did you ever see your message on the board after you posted it? It should have appeared at the top of the message board immediately after you posted it. There are no automatic filters; when you hit "SUBMIT" or "REPLY", your message goes into the database right away, unedited, unaltered, and begins appearing immediately on the Message Board list.

Also, you've still received tremendous encouragement in this thread to post your problems so that the people here can help you. Why would you decline now?

<B>Comment to the members:</B> Guys and gals, this thread proves what a class act you all are. I truly admire that not one of you trashed Spanky in your responses. If only all forums such as this could be populated by members and visitors of such high caliber. The Internet would be a better place.

Rich -

There was no reason to trash Spanky........

As I said once before..... Tracker builds more than Boats - Tracker builds DREAMS! When something goes wrong in reality that was not in our dreams - we look for answers. When we don't find what we are looking for or what we expected - we get upset. And sometimes we place blame where it shouldn't had oughta be......... That's just human nature - I've done it myself many, many times.......

Spanky -

Hang around, Man! You're one of us!

me!

Isn't it ironic that when someone trashes Rich,.....We all jump to his defense....I mean look at this thread.....20 replies so far!!.....When someone trashes Nitro or Tracker,....there might be a handful at most!! I think Spanky got the attention he was looking for,,...and Rich certainly got the backing from us that he deserves. In my 1 year of membership on this site, I have seen PLENTY of product bashing and praise alike,....some warranted, some just nit-picking from 1st time boat owners,.....it's all good and it's valuable info for all of us on this site and those at Tracker who are trying to resolve the many issues that are brought up. Spanky,...there's no reason to hold-out or "keep your opinions to yourself",...what good does that do besides fuel your inner fires of disdain!!
Spill it out man!!! Maybe we can help you....but when it comes to accusing Rich of "editing or deleting" posts, you're wrong,......it doesn't happen hear unless it's truely warranted and we all know that is rare, 'cause the people on this site are 1st class and we want to keep it that way.....anyway,..ya'll have a great day!!
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Mac

granted,if you have problems with your boat,dont accuse rich of pulling/editing posts.

as for the bashing on the other boards,i am one of the 1st who,well,defend tracker,why?they make an entry level boat for the working man to afford.i bought my 2nd one because they made me a good deal on it,and gave me a good # on my trade,which was a tx-17.

do a search on the bash fishing homepage under boats/motors,and see what comes up.most of the bashers dont know jack@@@@ about what they are talking about 9 out of 10 times,you know heard it from a friend who has a cousin who has a friend.well,you get the point. i get the atitude,i own a ranger,and you own a piece of junk,why,because they cant admit they bought the same boat you did,but paid 20 grand more,for a name..well,if you feel that way,ill have a friend of mine make you up a few ranger decals,or triton decals,and put over your nitro if it makes you feel better!!

all crap aside,i got problems with my boat,but i am going to wait till i hear from them,or the fall,when i get ready to send it back to get the problems taken care of.i can still use it,it isnt going to stop me from fishing,and anything but a major hull failur shouldnt stop anyone.stress cracks in the gelcoat shouldnt stop you from fishing,the electric motor still works,doesnt it??use it!!

oh well,i said enough.hope i didint offend anyone.

Adam,...Yes I know Douglas Moore quite well...he is deffinetely the duck hunter of the sales crew over at the store. He knows his stuff about boats too...very knowledgable and works great with customers. He was very lucky that day......he swamped alright, and lost several dozen decoy's but he was able to get his guns and i think i heard that the water was only 3-4ft deep, but the waves were that high too....so he could stand on the bottom, and wasn't in any danger of drowning, but I'm sure he's on a rst name basis with the big guy upstairs after that!!LOL
I'll make sure to tease him a bit next time I see him,...I'll tell him is ordeal last fall made the internet!
He'll freak...ahahah...he's just fine and probably can't wait 'till october already!! He duck hunts like we fish!!
I'll make sure to tell him he's "famous"..:eek:)
Take care,
Mac

Rich and fellow bass anglers, I'm not a perfect individual and there is a possibility that I could have made a mistake in posting and no system is without a possible flaw. I wasn't just stirring up a hornets nest either. I'm a long time customer of Bass Pro Shops (approx. 1978/1979). At the present time I do have a major hard on for them. It started with the purchase of my new boat. I'll get into some or all of these issues in another new posting. One issue that ticked me off to no end and fries my butt still was when I was supposed to get the Pro Qualifier rod and reel combo with the boat and TRACKER weaseled out of it and the dealer handed me a Garcia piece of junk. TRACKER has some quality issues it fails to correct and are not very receptive in their responses. Rich, sorry to you and my fellow bass anglers. It must have been some glitch. I'll get into some of my fiascoes in another posting. Regards, Spanky. Good fishing.

Latest posts

Back