Question on merc 200 tilt,trim ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
Last year when my boat was wrecked as some of you might remember the tilt trim hydrolics were damaged ,probably a seal? anyways the boat was in the water and leaking fluid.

some one decided they would just drain of the hydraulic fluid.before the DNR found out and ticketed me, something I didn't need at that point. I sincerely appreciated that.

Michael my soon was able to (with help) move the motor up on the jack plate. even at that the skeg rides about 5 -6 inch's from the street.

MY QUESTION ; Is there any way to manually lift the motor up so I can get the transom bracket on? at the moment you can't lift the motor at all. is there a valve or something i can open so it will suck air.?

Any help would greatly be appreciated sense I need to take the boat several different places to to get estimates on the necessary repairs.

Mark Gross

Yep, there is a bleed valve on the right side of the motor on the tilt bracket. You should be able to loosen it with a flat blade screw driver and lift the motor manually.

Would that be the white nylon screw in the hole ??

mark

Latest posts

Back