question for tox

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Yamamoto makes it, I have used it.:lol: I have not had a chance to use the new D-Shad yet and that's only because they were too busy supplying retailers to send me any. I have actually had them come up with a color....318 to be exact. Wrote an article on how a salamander tried to do the nasty with my Senko and sent them pictures of the color that they are...318 was the result. They decided not to publish the article saying it was a bit too "racey" for their likes.......Anyway, yes I have used the Ika. I actually got guilted into using it by Mike Chipony who had been slammin big heads on Lake Anna with it. I have since used it in Michigan and on the Potomac with good success. I use the smaller version as a c-rig bait and the larger one for punching mats on the Potomac. You have to oversize your hooks a little due to the solid plastic or rig it like a tube with an exposed hook. So, I use both sizes and interchange it with any plastic used like a tube or grub. Sometimes the fish like a different profile and that is what you get with the Ikea. It's a very under utilized bait in the Yamamoto lineup.

Latest posts

Back