Question for Bob B. on Motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Ratzlaff

Reaction score
I have a 2000 200hp EFI Mercury Motor serial number OT149061 and I had a few questions... What should my WOT rpm be? The book calls for anything between 5000 and 5600. Also my water pressure runs about 15 at 5000 rpm's. Is that alright? We do some trolling where we run the motor at low rmp's (around 1,000) and the water pressure sits around 5 lbs. at 1,000 rpm's. Is this ok to run it like this for extended periods of time? And last but not least, I have an older Trophy prop (48-825908A45) with a 23 pitch. I was looking to get another prop, one with the new PVS system on it. Should I stay with the 23 pitch, or is that overpitched or underpitched for this motor? My boat is a 20 ft. targa (fiberglass). Sorry for ALL the questions, but I'm new to this boat and motor and just wondered if you or someone else could help me out.:):) Thanks alot, I really appreciated all the time you take to answer all the questions.

CR

1. WOT RPM.....as close to 5800 as possible.

2. Water pressure is at minimum but ok.

3. You didn't tell me what you are currently turning at wot unless the 5000 rpm / 15 psi correlation WAS the top rpm....if it is.....you are over propped, drop down to a 21". ;)

Thanks for the info!!!:) I get between 5200 and 5400 at WOT. So should I still drop down to a 21"? How much will that take of my top end? Thanks.:)

5200-5400 is NOT enough....prop down accordingly. You may not lose any top end, but the hole-shot {and motor life} will be better. ;)

Latest posts

Back