Question About Boat Cover

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cary Wade

Reaction score
I've got a 2005 750 DC and I purchased a Nitro brand boat cover from the manufacturer a few years ago. The cover is some what thin and I'm nervous to trailer with it without some type of support. Does anyone have any ideas on what works to secure this down? I thought about buying ratchet straps to wrap around the boat in addition to factor snaps that go to my trailer cover. Any thoughts?

My 2 pennies

If you bought a travel cover it should have everything that you need, as least the one I bought did. I now own a storage cover and will lose warranty if I use it as a travel cover.

cq

Had an 08 with a "NITRO" cover bought from BPS it worked great trailering the boat, I only used it under wet road conditions to keep the road grim out...

Mike

What type of cover is it will be the first question you need to answer. If is a storage or mooring cover, it will not last very long on the road. If it is a true trailering cover then it should work as-is. I have a '04 NX750 and its original trailering cover is quite sturdy and has traveled thousands of miles at highway speeds. It is patched in a few small places but no stressed areas.

Ron

I believe that this is just a mooring cover, the Tracker center said that it was the only cover available for my model. With that said, are there any aftermarket traveling covers that anyone recommends? Thanks.

Just a few tips to consider after you get a traveling cover...use small hand towels and small bungee cords to cover the following stressed areas- trolling motor base, any fishfinder brackets at front or driver side, and throttle lever. Cut to length a piece of pipe insullation foam (or small float noodle that kids use) to length and attach over windshield(s)using binder clips. You may want to spread hand towel over windshield to protect against cover scratching during transport. Inflate a float tube(if you have one) and place on front deck under boat cover, will help against wind drag on the highway. Tie it to trolling motor pedal to keep from moving.

I believe a quality cover should not mar your boat but a lot do. You get what you pay for in a cover. Besides what tips have been given, you can put a strip of saran wrap down your gunnels to keep a cover from chaffing it.

Latest posts

Back