PT 195 TXW seat pedestal will not stay tight

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need help...both of my seat pedestals will unscrew after just a few minutes of sitting on them fishing. I've tried blue Loctite, but they still come lose. Not sure I want to put red Loctite as I might want to take them off at some point (I've read it takes quite a bit of heat to get them off). Anybody else have this problem and is there a solution? Thanks

Yes I had the same annoying problem. I tried Loctite, didn’t work. Tried plumbers teflon tape, didn’t work. I read on some other forum about using a rubber washer. I found one at Home Depot that was 2” x 1/8” thick.
C1FEECBE-58E1-4D1D-9D74-BE2A9159C68E.jpeg
cut the half inch hole in the center a little bit bigger to slip over the shaft. Tightened it down very hard by hand and it hasn’t moved in six months. Total cost was about a dollar.

Yes I had the same annoying problem. I tried Loctite, didn’t work. Tried plumbers teflon tape, didn’t work. I read on some other forum about using a rubber washer. I found one at Home Depot that was 2” x 1/8” thick. View attachment 1715cut the half inch hole in the center a little bit bigger to slip over the shaft. Tightened it down very hard by hand and it hasn’t moved in six months. Total cost was about a dollar.
Thank you very much...will try that. I have used a rubber oil filter wrench to tighten mine with blue Loctite and they still come lose.

Yes I had the same annoying problem. I tried Loctite, didn’t work. Tried plumbers teflon tape, didn’t work. I read on some other forum about using a rubber washer. I found one at Home Depot that was 2” x 1/8” thick. View attachment 1715cut the half inch hole in the center a little bit bigger to slip over the shaft. Tightened it down very hard by hand and it hasn’t moved in six months. Total cost was about a dollar.
Tried the rubber washer...didnt work. Bought some red Loctite. We will see if it works. It says it will take 500 degrees to get it to loosen. Hope I don't want to take them off.

Sorry that didn’t work for you. I guess like everything. “Your mileage may vary”. Maybe you could try just a little silicone on the rubber washer?

Latest posts

Back