pt 185 cracked hull

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian G

Reaction score
Cracked the hull on my 2003 pt 185 w/90hp. Two cracks by the keel. Definately did not hit anything but ruff water! Any one else had this problem? Sick

First is call your service rep at the Tracker dealer you bought it from and ask him how soon you can get the boat in for a warranty review. The hull has (I think) a 5 year warranty, so unless they are convinced you hit something or did something intentional, it should be covered.

Let us know how it goes with the Dealer, some are great and others have caused members a lot of problems.

TrepMan

I'm about to start popping some popcorn... anyone else wanna sit back and watch this here "discussion" "develop" once he talks to Tracker?

"Yep, that's impact damage. You admitted to putting the boat on water and that the water was rough, you broke the hull with impact. Had the hull not impacted the water, it'd have never cracked. And even if it did crack, it wouldn't leak water until you applied water to it."

Between the "boat performance" library and the "dealer scorecard" area, I'm waiting for "lawyer referrals" :)

Tee, would you like your popcorn salted or buttered? :)

Brian, it won't be that bad, I've just had a bad experience with their "impact damage" speech.

mike snow... I'll bring the beer .... but I could go broke this may take a while

Gelcoat cracks and cracked aluminum are 2 diff things Mike. Should not be a problem for you to get it fixed..

Good luck

Don't tell Charlie or Bob Watski it won't be a problem.

Harpo

Been there, done that. Had the 2 hulls to prove it and the whole legal deal to make it right. Good luck Brian, e-mail if you would like any suggestions if the "warranty" doesn't go according to plan.

I am fed up with Rob implying or stating that lawyers were involved in getting his hull repaired.....

When that all came down, I gave him the name and phone number of a lady at Tracker who went to bat for him and saw to it that he was taken care of. No lawyers were involved. Tracker did it right. Period.

Hey mikesnow, I'll take extra butter on mine. We are about to have a "Double Feature"...LOL

Git er done.... (Iam moving my relcliner closer to get a better seat) We May need a keg

Donnie

I hate it when those cracked hulls get stuck between my teeth. ;>))))

Harpo

A cracked hull on a 2003 aluminum boat should be covered under warranty....PERIOD!!.....IF it's denied by Tracker because they claim it was "impact" damage than claim it on your insurance and your insurance will cover it. There is NO NEED for Lawyers and all that garbage,.....just go to the dealer and try them first,.....if it's denied, then use your insurance......and the next time you go to buy a new boat,...you'll know what to do!!

Carry on,...

Oh, let's go for a triple-feature.

Staci, what is the person at Tracker that Rob talked to doing these days? We KNOW what Tracker does to employees who "go to bat" for the customer. I'm not mentioning any rallycam photos or anything :)

I figure since I'm at the pot stirring anyway, I'll add a few taters :).

A few years ago, we were talking on the board about having a party. I suggested that we invite this person to say "Thanks" for all she had done for owners. I didn't take into account that she might not want her name out there. I will never, ever again post someone's name like that - especially her's.

You weren't around here then - but others here can confirm the story.

To the Lady in question..... If someone there at Tracker should pass this on to you..... To this day, I am so very, very sorry.....

Well if you're not going to tell, I will.

It was Heather Locklear or Julia Roberts. I forget :)

Speaking of Goldie Hawn, did you the chick in "How to lose a guy in 10 days" is her daughter???

There's that old age difference popping up again!

I think Goldie.....

Marke thinks Kate Hudson!

My favorite joke from "Laugh In" some 25 years ago.....

Goldie Hawn with Sammie Davis, Jr......

"Sammie! Sammie! What's black and white and has two eyes?"

"I don't know, Goldie. What?"

"You and Moshe Dayan!"

I loved Laugh In! When I was in basic training our DI allowed us to watch one TV show a week (if we didn't screw up). We all voted for Laugh In.

My favorite Laugh In joke:

Dirty Old Man: Do you believe in the hereafter?

Ruth Bussey: Yes

Dirty Old Man: Then you know what I'm here after.

Man, talk about changing the subject on a topic. Sorry Brian.

Harpo

Und educational, too!

P.S. Brian, it was Snowball who changed the subject.

Used to be, this board would try to offer helpful advice to owners who had an issue. Now it's alll a joke.

Maybe I should just pull the plug?

We can't solve his problem Rich,....the dealer has to! You're right though,....this board has changed A LOT over the past several months,...I say pull it!!!..LOL!!

Rich -

I can think of many good reasons for you to pull the plug on this sight; not the least of which is that it is definately not a profitable venture for you - but rather an expense.

If you decide to do so, I wouldn't blame you one bit. But I do thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people from across the United States and even as far away as Namibia!

Thank you, my Friend!

me!

CJL,

When I worked for Tracker/Bass Pro, we had several PT boats come in with cracked hulls.

All but 2 were repaired under warranty.

One of the remaining boats was replaced, and the other was repaired under an insurance claim because it had very visible evidence of having hit something.

Let the dealer look at it, they will then send pic's to Tracker and they will make a determination.

Evidence of "impact" with something other than water is much easier to diagnose on tin than it is on glass, so you shouldn't have any issues.

If you do, then file an insurance claim like Mac said, and all will be taken care of and you will be a happy fisherman again!!!

Rich,

Maybe it would be a good idea to shut down NTOWS and start fresh at a later date. I would probably get more work done in life if this site didn't exist!! LOL!!

Bob G.

But if you shut down the site, How would I get to fish with guys like Bob, Staci, Bill, Tex and others??

Who would help me figure out which wires to hook up to for my self-installed fish finder??

NOOOOOOOO

Trep,

You better get everyones e-mail address in your address book NOW before it all goes away!!! LOL!!!

Bob G.

Ken,

Thanks for the advice but it was not my boat that cracked it was the person who started the post.

Latest posts

Back