ProXS 115 bogging during initial throttle-up

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cory190tx

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve got a 2015 Merc ProXS 115 on the back of a 190TX. I get some bogging/stuttering when accelerating for the first time. Once it’s on plane it’s fine. It acts like it’s not receiving enough gas. The confusing part is that it’s primarily only on the initial throttle-up. It may or may not doing it once or twice during the second throttle-up and doesn’t do it at all after that for the rest of the day. If it were a fuel issue I would assume that it’d be consistent each time I throttled-up. Any suggestions or ideas?

On my last boat that I had, it did exactly what you are describing. Problems with the whole shot and zero issues at top speed. Occasionally it would idle a little rough and when I would take off, it would hesitate sometimes too. If it was an ignition issue, you would definitely notice it at higher RPM's.

On my last boat that I had, it did exactly what you are describing. Problems with the whole shot and zero issues at top speed. Occasionally it would idle a little rough and when I would take off, it would hesitate sometimes too. If it was an ignition issue, you would definitely notice it at higher RPM's.
Thanks for the response! Did you find the culprit or get any resolution?

I did. It was the filter and I never had another issue with it. My buddy had a similar issue and he was the one that told me about how he fixed it. I ended up with a little more top end speed too.

I did. It was the filter and I never had another issue with it. My buddy had a similar issue and he was the one that told me about how he fixed it. I ended up with a little more top end speed too.
That’s great to know. Is changing the filter an in-depth process? I’m not overly mechanically inclined and haven’t worked on a boat motor/gas system before.

No, it was not hard at all. I actually found a Youtube video on it. I think there is something under Bassmaster too.

No, it was not hard at all. I actually found a Youtube video on it. I think there is something under Bassmaster too.
I’ll have to check out Bassmaster. All I could find on YouTube were videos in a different language. Russian or something. Thank you very much for the info!

I am sure if you took the boat to a mechanic you trust it probably would not be very expensive. Less than an hour labor plus the part.

Latest posts

Back