Props????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Jackoviak

Reaction score
As any one ever got a SS prop repaired? Some how I bend one of my blades, no damage to the lower unit, thank god. I got it repaired but have lost about 5 mph with it. Has any other people notice this after getting one fixed? Other question, now I am thinking about getting a new one and use the old one for a spare. I am running a 115 Mariner and would like some suggestions on size? Thanks....

Jon

Jon,

I have had to have prop repair done frequenlty. What you need to remember is you paid to have a service for repair, pay attention to how your boat is acting now: is the bow lifting as high? obvious loss of speed, slower on pad, blowing out while getting on pad? Max RPM's? these are all questions you need to ask your self then relay that information to the guy that did your repair. He may add or remove cup from your prop to suite your boats needs. The repair man should be happy to help you out.

Just for info I probaly spend $250-300 dollars a year on prop repair seems I just can't avoid that skinny water.

If you have any questions try this number it's for Phils Proppeller service in California, ask for Stewart or Phil

1-800-462-3917, these guys are nation wide and full of info on all proppeller needs.

Rip Lips,

GregG

I agree with Greg. The guy who worked on it should be willing to get it back to what is was doing before the repair.

Hey Greg. Nice to see you California State team members on the board. When you going to pick up the new boat??

John

Has anyone seen the Composite Props for sale in the new BPS Spring catalog? Would this be a good buy for a back-up prop on a 50hp Merc.?

Has anyone seen the Composite Props for sale in the new BPS Spring catalog? Would this be a good buy for a back-up prop on a 50hp Mercury?

Latest posts

Back