Prop

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueansilver

Reaction score
I have a 2005 nitro nx750.17half long.with 90mercury track carburator.has a 21 pitch allumin.woukd I loose rpme and hole shot it I put a 22 picth stainless Mercury laser 2 .my aluminum 1 has a blade bent.i like a better hole shot and more speed.it runs 46 at 5400 rpms now.thks for any help

If your going ss, your going to need a 19p that 22p would be a dog. At most a 20p Lazer ll

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your going ss, your going to need a 19p that 22p would be a dog. At most a 20p Lazer ll

K. Thks.place where I bought the boat put a new lower unit and a 19 pitch aluminum prop.still had a problem with idle.when I run bout 20 or 25 minutes at work.come up to the bank to fish slow down it just dies.like u turn the key off.start it up idles real rough round 9500 ROMs then it starts surging.shut it off fish .take off shot runs it doesn't do it.but the dealer did splice my wires going to the I guess it's called voltage regulator.had Burt wires .I'm guessing the regulator is acting up my compression reads 100 100 110.what ought the compression be.2005 90mercury elipto.thks

Well the numbers are in the good range 105-115. But you don’t want any one cylinder to be five more than the rest. So recheck and see if that one that is 110 isn’t lower.

I've got a Nitro 170TF, had a 90 hp on it with a 21p SS prop. It's the right prop for your boat, you need a hydrofoil on your lower unit. It will improve your hole shot immensely.

Place where I bought my boat put a new lower unit on it and put a solas 19 pitch.rpms went from 5500 wot to 5800 wot with 19 pitch.feels like it's slower out the hole.guy said he put the 19 on because it was slow out the hole.the 21 pitch had a bent blade.all new to me

Place where I bought my boat put a new lower unit on it and put a solas 19 pitch.rpms went from 5500 wot to 5800 wot with 19 pitch.feels like it's slower out the hole.guy said he put the 19 on because it was slow out the hole.the 21 pitch had a bent blade.all new to me

I've got a Nitro 170TF, had a 90 hp on it with a 21p SS prop. It's the right prop for your boat, you need a hydrofoil on your lower unit. It will improve your hole shot immensely.
Question on boat.first start it up idles 2000to2400rpms.takes forever to idke down or when put it in gear.run bout 20 mins. Up lake pull up on bank to fish it just dies.startsback up but idle is up and down.short runs doesn't do it.the shop spilced wires on the voltage regulator.there where burnt wires.they replaced fuse box under dash.im thinking they ought to replace the regulator and the harness going to the stator.

I believe that 5250 RPM is supposed to be your maximum RPM. If you're running 5800 RPM, you're over revving your motor.
A 21p prop, keeps it right at 5250 RPM at WOT.

Latest posts

Back