Prop size for 929 CDX

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
Has anyone propped out a 929 CDX w/ a 10" Hydraulic Bass jack and Optimax 225? When tournament rigged and fuel filled w/partner my hole shot suffers with a 25 Tempest, two plugs out, yet top end is awesome. My rpms at wot are perfect when stretched out,GPS at 72mph+, however my hole shot is two plus boat lengths before the bow comes over. I've tried a 23 Tempest, 25 Trophy, and the 25 Tempest on now. The 23 popped up good enough, but topped out to quick. The Trophy blew out before letting the bow come over. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Nitro,...contact "Tom" at BPS in Auburn Hills,...he's running a 929 with the same setup.....he should be able to help you...his email is below.
Tellem "Mac sent you to him!!"...
Thanks, and BTW,..he's very busy running the store so be patient for his reply...thanks!!
Mac
[email protected]

Nitro,

I own a 911 with a 225 Opti and I have an excelent hole shot with a switch blade variable pitch prop. The prop switches pitch for a deeper bite just after it gets on plane. It switches when it gets to a certain rpm (adjustable).

The 929 and 911 are not that much different so you might want to take a look at the switch blade. I am not sure who makes it (it came on my boat from the dealer).

Steve

Latest posts

Back