Prop recommendation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I have an 07 Yamaha VMax HPDI 175hp. The current prop does not have a name brand stamped on it. It just says 23M.

I've been wanting to get a spare prop before my tournaments start but I really don't know what to get. Then I started thinking, my current prop has a few small dings in it so maybe I should buy a new prop to use and use the one I have as a spare.

I know nothing about what to buy but have been told only to buy a Yamaha prop. Can someone recommend a good prop for this motor.

Thanks!

Teri, I don't know alot about Yamaa props, but I just bought a Fury this past weekend and love it!! I have a 23 Tempest Plus if it will fit you Hammer I'll make a good deal on it.

Gunny, I have no idea how to know what is compatible. I want it to just go right on to what I have, don't want to mess with buying hubs.

If anyone knows if it would work, let me know. Guessing if it came off a Merc it won't be a plug and play.

teri,

you are correct if it came off a merc it won't be plug and play.

is the 23" pitch preforming ok on your boat now?

sounds like a 19ft boat with a 175 should be able to spin at least a 24" wheel

i know most 18ft bass boats with 150hp are spining 23"

what rpm are you turning at w.o.t. and what is the max recomended by yamaha? you should be close but not over the max. if you turn more than manufactures recomended you may want more pitch.

i you determin you can turn more than i would buy the yamaha brand prop they are

as good as any or better IMHO.

if you are happy with the 23" then duplicate it .

As Joe said, you need to get this up to WOT with your average load/fuel and see if your RPM's are at or maybe 50rpm's below Yamaha max for your engine, not above. If it is at these RPM's that pitch is about right. If it is high, you need to try a 24p at that diameter.

Teri,

You need to talk to Mike Lohn. He does alot of work with Mark Croxton. Mark is a wizard with props.

I am pretty sure you can buy a Merc Flo TorQ hub for your Yamaha to make any merc flo torq compatible prop work on your yamaha.

Look over on Bass Boat Central. Read then ask if you can't find out for sure. They have a couplebof forums you can inquire about. Lots of people there that have had your engine boat combo.

Ok, thanks. I "googled" and found a few things but nothing convincing. I will go read a bit this evening on BBC. I think Larry might help me out too when they get back from the Classic.

Latest posts

Back