prop question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam blatt

Reaction score
hello everyone, i just bought a 2009 nitro 750 sc. The prop is alittle chewed up. my question is will it be ok to run with this chewed up prop for alittle bit until i save some cash for a new one? or will it damage other motor parts? thanks for the input.

On the record, ANY nicks and dings should be repaired. Think of it this way.....out-of-balance tires on your car. Feel it right? Same with your outboard, only you really can't pick-up barely perceptible vibes, but damage is occurring. Percentage of efficiency is lost, FUEL mileage, speed, etc. Get 'er fixed. This does not mean you cannot enjoy the weekend if the damage is "minor".

Agree with Bob. Depends on how badly it is damaged. Nicks, scrapes etc., are normal but if you bend an ear your prop will vibrate and will wear out your prop seals. Is it a Stainless prop? They take a harder whack to ding up.

TOXIC

its an aluminum prop on a mecury 90 horse, how much would it cost roughly to have it worked on at a prop shop vs. a new one. thanx again

Roughly $70.00 to rebuild, varies with shops, $120ish for new....

I bent one of the blades on my stock 90 prop years ago and forced myself to buy a good SS prop for $300 and it was a good investment. Better top end and handling, so I use the refurb'd prop now as a spare.

Back