Prop Plugs Or Jack Plate ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farrell g.

Reaction score
I just bought a 2000 901 cdx with a 200 efi. it seems to rev up coming out of the hole and I cant run it wide open throttle or the rpm's get real high and an alarm goes off. from what I have read I should be running 5700 to 6100 rpm. the prop only has 1 large open plug and none on the other two it is a 23 pitch fury prop. I have not done anything to the manual jack plate yet. I guess question is do I plug the prop or try lowering or raising the jack plate?

I just bought a 2000 901 cdx with a 200 efi. it seems to rev up coming out of the hole and I cant run it wide open throttle or the rpm's get real high and an alarm goes off. from what I have read I should be running 5700 to 6100 rpm. the prop only has 1 large open plug and none on the other two it is a 23 pitch fury prop. I have not done anything to the manual jack plate yet. I guess question is do I plug the prop or try lowering or raising the jack plate?
Hey Mr. Farrell, prop plugs are cheap and can be tried really easy, it sounds like your prop is slipping, same thing happened to me
when I removed one of the prop plugs. I would sure start with that. Try putting a plug or two in and see what happens. Work from
there. Hope this helps a little. I know how frustrating it is to not be set up right. I have the same boat, mine is an 06.

Latest posts

Back