Prop help!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerpole62

Reaction score
Guys, I have a 2001 Mercury 90 hp ELPTO. Would a Raker II 14 1/2 26 pitch to much prop for it. I’m grateful for your feedback! Thanks

Attachments

• D0D85629-7C06-495B-950B-599C66317938.jpeg
    D0D85629-7C06-495B-950B-599C66317938.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I do know a lot about props, but what are you trying to do? Looking for top end? 26p may not plane out well?

I'd watch your WOT RPMs. As it may "lug".

Thank you for your response. I’m looking for the best prop that will give me good hull shot and good speed on a 90 hp mer 2 stroke.

I agree with Cyco. What are you running now pitch wise? What is your wot rpm's? If you are able to turn at the high acceptable range for your motor then you can go up in pitch but you will lose some hole shot. Too much pitch and the motor is unable to turn enough rpms and will damage the motor. This is what they mean when they say lug the motor. You may already know this, if so I apologize for stating the obvious.

Also Mercury has several style props. I hear mercury guys really like the Fury for a 3 blade prop.

I have the hub for it. I’m wanting to know what is the back prop for a mercury 90 hp 3 cy.

I have the hub for it. I’m wanting to know what is the back prop for a mercury 90 hp 3 cy.
If your trying to get the best of both worlds, i feel like a lower pitch would be better. What pitch was stock?
I’m running 14 1/2 x 26 prop right not.

I’m running 14 1/2 x 26 prop right not.
The Raker prop is all about bow lift and it gets more boat out of the water, however the hole shot will suffer. So if you are still within the RPM limit you should be ok

You're not giving enough info for someone to say what the best prop is. A 16 foot klamath style boat would use a different prop than a 17 foot fiberglass boat would, or a 16 foot boston whaler, even if all three boats have the same motor behind them I assume you have a Nitro boat of some sort.
WOT is an important factor to consider if a raker would fit your application. Along with hole shot and seconds to plane.

Latest posts

Back