Problem with bilge pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janet Chastain

Reaction score
I am a first time boat buyer and have a 17 foot 1994 Nitro. My bilge pump stop working and I want to know how to trouble shoot the problem.

Thanks,

Going Fishing

You should have a fuse or circuit breaker. I have a '94 170dc, right around my bilge switch is a circuit breaker that will pop out if a short occurs. Try pushing it in if that is out and the turn on the pump. At the pump check for 12volts with an ohm meter and check for ground, might trace the wires to the cranking battery from the bilge pump and see if the connections are clean and not corroded. To simply check the pump, cut the two wires loose at the connection splices near the pump. Take a portable battery charger, put 12volt (positive) to the positive pump wire and negative to the negative pump wire. If it works you are going to have to do some of the other things I first suggested. If it does not work then you have found your problem. Hope this helps.:D

Latest posts

Back