Pro Seat Question

• Thread starter Scott Doolittle
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Doolittle

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Nitro 640 LX. I want to get a pro seat so that my back quits hurting. I have "trollingmotoritis". I looked in Bass Pro but just got confused by the different types. The part that confused me is the different pin types and bases. What do I need? I just want a darn pro seat !!

Scott,
I too tried a pro seat since I'm 6'2" I thought it would help my back, but I didn't like it. I bought a BassBuster back brace for one thing, but I also bought a power pedistal so I could adjust the height of my seat and it works great!!
If you want a pro seat, I would suggest you try one out in a buddies boat first if possible to see if you like it.
Good Luck!!
Tom

Scott...I too have tried a pro seat and found it very uncomfortable to the point I don't use anything. However, I have seen a base plate that pivots the seat down so you can lean agaist it instead of kind of sitting on it. I think saw it in Cabela's. If I use a regular seat I have a problem with my t/motor foot pedal. "Cookie"

Scott -

I had a chance to use a power pedestal for the first time a few weeks ago at the Nitro Tournament...... At 5'6", the standard pole was always a bit HIGH for me! The power pedestal was great!

The poles and bases that come standard on Nitros are the 1.77" by Swivl-eze.

me!

Great topic guys, as I just printed out for my wife the power pedestal and bike seat from BPS as a strong Fathers day hint!! My Tracker has the Taper-Lock pedestals and i'm thinking of getting a Tracker bike seat to match the color/trim of my other seats.

For Cookie, Tom and Essox - Can you explain what "didn't" work about the pro/bike seat? Was it the height? Angle of tush on seat? Did you use if just as a leaning post or was it more for sitting??

My idea is not so much for my back, but more since my front deak (Pro Crappie) is small (especially with the bait well, that my son Noah just LOVES!!!) That I figured I stand most of the time and the bike seat would give me more room to manuver but still provide a leaning post if I get a little tired or if a big wave/wake comes a long for stability.

Any input would help! TrepMan

Trepster -

I don't actually "sit" on the pro seat - just kinda lean back on it. Both for my back and balance.

There are some people I've fished with (Rich) who can go all day, keep their balance, operate the trolling motor and fish standing up without once needing something to relieve the pressure on their lags and take the strain off their backs....... Me? I'm just old and into comfort!

Most of the catalogs have seats that you can use to lean on one side and sit on the other....... I think this is the route I'll go next time.

me!

Trepman...Initially I think it's more the tush/angle thing. I then turned the seat around and used it as a leaning device. Eventually, I just did away with it and stand solo on the deck. I enjoy having unrestricted deck space especially when fighting those lunkers for 20-30 minutes!
HA-HA!
"Cookie"

Scott, I tried the butt seat that came w/ my 896 and it was an experience in misery. My wife got me one of those big wide Butt seats from Cabela's on an adjustable pole and I gotta tell ya it made all the difference in the world. Those wide seats fit my wide butt much better an cause I'm 6'2" 265# it'll adjust a little taller that the stock one. Looke in your Cabela's catalog and decide for youself. Good luck........Cmack

Latest posts

Back