Pro Guide trolling motor batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voicebugler

Reaction score
I hit the search up and everything I found is older information. I recently ordered a 2021 Tracker Pro Guide V-175 Combo and an curious about adding a second trolling motor battery. I know the TM battery tray is located underneath the front rod storage compartment, but I can't find if there's room enough to add a 2nd battery in that location. To start with, I'll run the included 12v motor and am debating on 2 - 12v in parallel or 2 - 6v in series to run it. That raises the second question. Will the compartment accommodate a slightly taller battery if I decided to build a 12v bank from 2 - 6v in series?

If this has been covered, please provide the link. If not, any information on this would be great.

Thanks!

How did you make out putting another battery in there I have the same boat and am trying to put another group 27 in but there doesn’t seem to be enough room

I hit the search up and everything I found is older information. I recently ordered a 2021 Tracker Pro Guide V-175 Combo and an curious about adding a second trolling motor battery. I know the TM battery tray is located underneath the front rod storage compartment, but I can't find if there's room enough to add a 2nd battery in that location. To start with, I'll run the included 12v motor and am debating on 2 - 12v in parallel or 2 - 6v in series to run it. That raises the second question. Will the compartment accommodate a slightly taller battery if I decided to build a 12v bank from 2 - 6v in series?

If this has been covered, please provide the link. If not, any information on this would be great.

Thanks!
Plenty of room. I am currently running a 24 Vdc 100AH lithium in the front, 1 12VDc 100 ah lithium for fish finders and accessories, and 1 starter lead acid in the rear.

Plenty of room. I am currently running a 24 Vdc 100AH lithium in the front, 1 12VDc 100 ah lithium for fish finders and accessories, and 1 starter lead acid in the rear.
You have the 24v in the front and the other two in the rear battery storage? Or the 24v and the 12v for electronics in the trolling motor storage?

You have the 24v in the front and the other two in the rear battery storage? Or the 24v and the 12v for electronics in the trolling motor storage?
My 24V is in the area below the front rod locker. I have it situated so the terminals and charging ports are accessible from the large storage door between the front seats. My two 12v batteries are located in the rear battery box. One is a 100ah lifepo4. The other is a lead acid starting battery. It is not the funnest task getting them in and out each year for storage and maintenance
, but they do fit. Keep in mind though that on the newer 175 combo, tracker uses a relay for the radio circuit. So you either have to rewire to eliminate the relay, or connect the accessory battery's ground to the starter battery ground (you do not have to connect the positives as they are separate isolated circuits and this will allow you to fully keep your electronics away from your starting circuit).

My 24V is in the area below the front rod locker. I have it situated so the terminals and charging ports are accessible from the large storage door between the front seats. My two 12v batteries are located in the rear battery box. One is a 100ah lifepo4. The other is a lead acid starting battery. It is not the funnest task getting them in and out each year for storage and maintenance
, but they do fit. Keep in mind though that on the newer 175 combo, tracker uses a relay for the radio circuit. So you either have to rewire to eliminate the relay, or connect the accessory battery's ground to the starter battery ground (you do not have to connect the positives as they are separate isolated circuits and this will allow you to fully keep your electronics away from your starting circuit).
Believe it or not I ended up getting both of my group 27s in the compartment under the rod storage side by side. I’ll take some pics and post them. I made my own tray/ lock down so the batteries didn’t slide around and just take three screws out and slide them back to the bigger storage in the floor. Lithium ion battery’s are on my wish list but can’t afford them at the moment. How long does the one 100ah battery last? I do multiple trips a year that are 3-4 days where I have no power to charge batteries and most trips are shoreline fishing so the tm gets used a lot

I have a 2020 model with 2 group 29's under the rod locker.
Not a fun task, but they did fit! The batteries are positioned in a T. I did remove the aluminum door and replaced with plexiglass. just to be sure nothing ever shorts out the posts.

Believe it or not I ended up getting both of my group 27s in the compartment under the rod storage side by side. I’ll take some pics and post them. I made my own tray/ lock down so the batteries didn’t slide around and just take three screws out and slide them back to the bigger storage in the floor. Lithium ion battery’s are on my wish list but can’t afford them at the moment. How long does the one 100ah battery last? I do multiple trips a year that are 3-4 days where I have no power to charge batteries and most trips are shoreline fishing so the tm gets used a lot
I get a full day (usually 8-12 hrs @ 3-4 mph, depending upon wind) of constant trolling. I take a generator and an 80 amp charger with me when I go camping(appx 2-1/2 hours to charge each of my lifepo4 (12/24v). To solve the contact potential, I used non-conducting foam that I etched using a knife and a hot iron. Since I am using lifepo4 I eliminated the tray and used a simple ratchet strap to secure the battery.

Sounds like you have yourself a great solution 👍

I don't know if anyone replied to you. How long a 100ah battery will last all depends on how much amperage you draw from it. I have the Minna kota terrova 80lb thrust trolling motor and a 100ah battery and if I keep it at speed 4 it draws 5.2 amps which I could run for about 19.5 hours. On speed 10 max it draws 41.5 amps so that would last me a little more than 2 hours. Look up your trolling motor and see how many amps it draws. They will only give you the maximum amperage draw on high speed. I hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back