Pro guide mercury 90

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronald

Reaction score
So just got this boat, it's a 2023 pro guide v16 with a mercury 90 4 stroke on it. Brand new from tracker and doesn't run. Boat is currently at the dealer again, twice in 8 days. Motor will start and idle, leave the launch and within 10 minutes it falls on its face. Motor will start and almost instantly dies. Have no idea and dealer doesn't seem to have a clue. Using mid grade fuel 90 octane, no e15 or anything of the sort. Have to use the trolling motor to get back to the dock. What could be the issue or has anyone experienced this.

Attachments

• 20220623_095224.mp4
    42.6 MB
I have the same boat (2018 Model) with a 75 hp engine and it has been flawless. I can't imagine that the dealer can not resolve the issue. The dealer should be able to plug in to the ECM and look for faults causing the issue. If they can not find the issue, kindly ask for your money back or a replacement rig or engine. You paid good money for a rig and you should have every expectation of incident free operation. This is not acceptable!

They told me it was a fuel line from the tank to the motor and that it had cut in it and that was the issue the first time. Took it back out and immediately had the same issue so brought it back to the dealer. Then the deal said they can't even look at it until next week.

Say What! There is a fuel line that runs from the tank to the a fitting in the splash well, then to the motor. Then saying they can't get to you until next week...WHAT? That is a crappy dealer, you paid around 30K for that boat and they can't take care of you? Make sure you make a memo for record of all contact with them, names,date and time. Time on the water is precious up there, especially with a holiday weekend coming up. You deserve better customer service stay on their case.

I would file a complaint with Tracker and White River Marine with a email so it’s on their records. They should respond with a incident report number. You may or may not get much help but now it’s officially on their records and may become useful in the future. Hopefully not. Good luck hope you get the problem fixed soon.

So just got this boat, it's a 2023 pro guide v16 with a mercury 90 4 stroke on it. Brand new from tracker and doesn't run. Boat is currently at the dealer again, twice in 8 days. Motor will start and idle, leave the launch and within 10 minutes it falls on its face. Motor will start and almost instantly dies. Have no idea and dealer doesn't seem to have a clue. Using mid grade fuel 90 octane, no e15 or anything of the sort. Have to use the trolling motor to get back to the dock. What could be the issue or has anyone experienced this.

Are you getting any alarm's ?

Nope. Just sputters and bogs down then shuts down. Will fire back up but only runs for a couple seconds then dies again

Then it is a fuel delivery problem, The PCM( Propulsion Control Module) is only a EFI monitoring and operating system, so when there is a problem with over heat, component failure, over RPM, low voltage, ect. you will get an alarm. And that will have a code stored with in the PCM that can be retrieved with a laptop that has a mercury program. Sounds like the VST( Vapor Separator Tank) tank is running out of fuel . What can be eliminated is the boat fuel system , run a portable fuel tank and then run it on that. If the problem is solved then it's in the boats fuel system. If nothing has changed it's in the motor.

Well the boat is currently at the dealer still. When I dropped it off they said if they can't get into their pond they will take it to the local lake to run it. I should have just ran it with my portable tank. Just worried about voiding a warranty. Hopefully this gets resolved. Thanks for your input

It sounds like a fuel problem. I "think" that engine has 2 fuel filters, and possibly 2 pumps also. I'd call White River/Tracker to complain. Perhaps this will get it worked on sooner. IF (big if) they can get it to mess up in the shop it should be easy enough to figure out and repair.

I'm not a boat tech, but I am an automotive tech that get's the problem vehicles that other can't diagnose and repair.

So just got the boat back from the dealer supposedly they put it in their pond and got it to stall out rather quickly. What they found after testing fuel pressure and pump voltage was a kinked fuel line supposedly from a line being cut to short. Haven't had a chance to throw it in the water yet. But will let yall know if it is fixed here soon.

Just got it out on the water and no issues. Boat ran fine. Should have just poked around myself but didn't want to void a warranty.

Great News! Get out there and enjoy your new boat. I've had my PGV 16 WT since January 2019 and have had one small warranty issue which was resolved quickly. These are great boats in that size range.

Latest posts

Back