power trim & tilt

• Thread starter Larry (Bo) Bolander
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry (Bo) Bolander

Reaction score
Got a problem, see if anyone can help. My power trim/tilt quit working. Appears the fluid leaked out of the cylinder. One marina said I could buy a seal kit for $58.00, I thought great, I'll order one. Wrong, when I tried to order it, I was told Mercury no longer offers a seal kit, that I need to replace the cylinder. I've been told anywhere from $300.00 for the cylinder up to $1000.00 for the cylinder and motor. It's a 1994 75hp. Mercury serial # 0G013929. Any marine mechanics out there have a cheaper solution?

Thanks Bo

Check for the seal kit on-line. Ebay ect... and try the BBC site on the Mercury board, someone may have an answer there. Good Luck.

Someone is feeding you a line. That seal kit is certainly available from Mercury.

Bo,

I looked on Parts Express and the kit is listed as NLA.(no longer available)

I went through the same thing when the motor burned up on my power trim. A buddy that works in his dad's marina sent me a "NLA list" of places that may still have the part laying on their shelves.

I had no luck after calling all over the US, and ended up having it fixed at a small shop just a few miles away from my house.

I would also check into having it rebuilt locally,after all, it's only a hydraulic cylinder.

BTW,,,,I know the feeling you had when you were told you would need the whole retro-fit setup for $1,000.:(

Good luck in your search.

Also..does your trim assembly have the black fill plug ?

or the yellow fill plug?

Steve

Steve, it has the black fill plug, why? By the way, I called another marina here in town (Indy) gave them my serial # and they said it was still available, so I ordered it. Less than $10.00, probably not the right one.

Bo

There was a listing for one that had a black plug..it was NLA.

And one for a yellow plug that they still have in stock.

Both listings came off of the same serial number.They may have switched units mid-year.

Glad to hear you found one.Hopefully it is the right one.

Steve

Latest posts

Back