Power Pole Compatibility

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, All.

I'm brand new to this Forum and really appreciate being part of a community that shares knowledge and information on Nitro and Tracker boats.

I have a question for the community about Power Poles:

I have a 2018 Nitro Z19 Sport (Fish and Ski) and was wondering if installing Power Poles (2 of them) would interfere with the "Ski" function of my boat. Specifically, will the Power Poles interfere with the Ski Pylon or its operation?

Also, if the regular Power Poles would interfere with water skiing/tubing, would the Power Pole Micro Anchor (2 of them) be enough to hold my boat?

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help for this noob boat owner!

CDN

I’m buying the same boat. Would the MinnKota Talon work better. I believe the Talons have a quick release bracket option and there are no hydraulic hoses to disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats! i also bought the same boat in November absolutely love it and I'm enjoying it! i was also wondering if you can even install poles or talons being that the transom is so far in

I have a Z6 with the motor inset in the transom the talons can be installed .talons also have a tilt down bracket that holds forward and you can strap the talons down out of your way .ten footers are the shortest out there . A simple ratchet straps keeps them out of the way .I made a custom plate to make them shorter apart then the minnkota ones

Attachments

• IMG_20180415_135943.jpg
    IMG_20180415_135943.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 530
congrats! i also bought the same boat in November absolutely love it and I'm enjoying it! i was also wondering if you can even install poles or talons being that the transom is so far in

Okay, here's the update.

I went with the Talons after getting advice from an expert boat guy. I also got the tilt brackets (for the reasons originally outlined above) and the applicable jack plate adapter brackets and brought it down to Bass Pro Shops for installation - ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THE NEW BOAT DESIGN GETS IN THE WAY!!!! Apparently, the 2018 design for the Z19 Sport resulted in the transom being recessed further into the back end, causing the sponsons (the 2 "butt" pieces that stick out on each side of the stern) to interfere with the Talons (even with the arms of the adapter brackets rotated in as far as possible).

Suffice it to say, I was PISSED! However, after working with the guy at BPS (great dude!) and going to the top technical guy at Minn Kota, we found a solution: Frankensteining the jack plate adapter bracket with the sandwich bracket. I won't know for sure if that fix will work, as my Z19 Sport is going back into BPS next Monday for the install, but my fingers are firmly crossed.

I will post pics of the solution (if it works!).

I hope that it helps other Z19 Sport owners and avoids the stress and wasted time and money that I had to go through!

Okay, here's the update - after a VERY long week.

The initial proposed frankenstein solution STILL did not work, so I ended up having to get a 10" jack plate (I originally had a 6" jack plate) in order to make the frankenstein solution work. It cost me a couple of days of even more delay, but it FINALLY got done.

The crazy part is that, even with the 10" jack plate AND the frankenstein solution, the Talons are still within 2.5" from the sponsons!

I was able to take the boat out for a test run of the Talons on a windy and wavey day and they worked like a dream.

So, even with all of the additional hassle, delay, additional costs, etc., etc., etc., I'm happy with the purchase.

I've uploaded a couple of pictures from just before I launched my boat to test run the new Talons.

Attachments

• 20180828_141631.jpg
    20180828_141631.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 563
  • Inked20180828_141620_LI.jpg
    Inked20180828_141620_LI.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 904
Okay, here's the update - after a VERY long week.

The initial proposed frankenstein solution STILL did not work, so I ended up having to get a 10" jack plate (I originally had a 6" jack plate) in order to make the frankenstein solution work. It cost me a couple of days of even more delay, but it FINALLY got done.

The crazy part is that, even with the 10" jack plate AND the frankenstein solution, the Talons are still within 2.5" from the sponsons!

I was able to take the boat out for a test run of the Talons on a windy and wavey day and they worked like a dream.

So, even with all of the additional hassle, delay, additional costs, etc., etc., etc., I'm happy with the purchase.

I've uploaded a couple of pictures from just before I launched my boat to test run the new Talons.
Are you able to use the boarding ladder? If not, how do you get back in when finished skiing?

Latest posts

Back