Potomac fishing report

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G8rmac

Reaction score
Put in Sunday at Reagan Airport and fished the Long Bridge and the Washington channel bridges for about 4 hours. Caught 6 LMB up to 2 1/2 lbs and one nice smallie. Early on they bit weightless senkos, then started on cranks. Finished the day by hanging up one of my best cranks, breaking the tip off my favorite rod, and then breaking the line. :(

Fished today for about 5 hours; the morning was rainy, so I stayed around the Wilson bridge so I could stay dry. Got a couple on topwater, then one on a crank. Couldn't find a pattern though so when it stopped raining I moved to Oxen cove. Finally got them to start hitting on the smallest spinner bait I had, rolled as slow as I could move it. Wound up with 4 more LMB, a yellow perch, and a catfish. ;)

Nice report Mac! Was out once early this spring and got totally skunked. Then found out about all the registrations you need on TOP of the licenses (plural!). Figured I'd stick to Lake Anna and the upper Potomac (kayak fishing) this year. Glad to hear you're hittin' them pretty good!

Jim,

Gotta agree that the registrations are getting out of hand-because there are stripers in the waters, you have to sign up with the feds?!?!? At least it is fairly painless other than the time it takes, I just don't like the idea of one more level of bureaucracy!

On a positive note, the fish look healthier and cleaner than they have in a long time. A few years ago I routinely found fish with open sores. This year the only bad spots I have found were on a 2 pounder yesterday that had teeth marks on both sides! Had to have been hit by a big gar, but he fought like a champ!

Latest posts

Back